Forum > OFF TOPIC not Bridgestone related

WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE MOTORCYCLE OTHER THAN BRIDGESTONE.

(1/3) > >>

reed:
Whats your favourite motorcycle other than bridgestone.
Or do you have a story about the motorcycle you sold
and you wished you had it now!
Thanks.
Reed.

Jeff Bar:
Steve That's a good question, favorite  machine other than a stone, that I wish I had back really the list is two:  this list is coming from a guy
who has has bout a hundred or so cycles.

1964 Harley Davidson 250 H Sprint, a red up pipe version, the one that the exhaust pipe went through, what they called the tool box, I road one
back and fourth to high school.  Really enjoyed that one, it's my first choice to have back, on the fun scale.

1973 Honda CR 250M Elsinore, yes the first year, the one that changed the dirt bike world.  I thought I was J N Roberts on that one, however
I was not a very fast rider, I just thought I was.

Jeff Bar

Dave K:
I only owned one bike that I regret. There were a few Yamaha's (AT1,CT2) in the early 70's that were good, then there were the Hondas and a Triumph. The Triumph was a '67 TR6R that I restored. It was beautiful to me, in that green, white, polished alum. and chrome. I would just sit in the garage and stare at it. But, I remembered all too well how many were being pushed down the road. So I sold it in 2000. Then I went to Honda.  Which is my favorite one?! The '73 K3 CB 750 I bought new or the '81 GL1100, I bought new and are still in my garage. I love them. Both are as reliable as a pet rock, but so was the '72 XL 250K0, the '83 and '85 XR350R's were awesome, wished my health allowed me to still ride offroad. The '81 CBX, should still be in my garage, that was a real mistake to sell :'(. The '99 CBR 600 F4 was art just to look at it, don't miss the cramped riding position though, but the performance was awesome. The one bike I never looked back on, was the '70 500 Kawasaki. I bought it in '71, when I out grew my '69 BS 175HS. I never rode it long, with clean hands. It was the stimulus package of the Kawasaki industry for me, while I owned it. It ate pistons for breakafast and CDI's for lunch. There should be 1000's of them with low miles, mine only had 3000 mi. on it when I gave it away. I couldn't afford it anymore. I almost left motorcycles because of it, then I got the Honda 750 mentioned above. I will never own a bike made by the people who left me walking the road, because of that 500 H1. ;)

Toystoretom:
My current ride is a 2005 Triumph Rocket III. It has Neville Lush cams, J&E pistons, Predator headers with a Supertrapp, Tuneboy engine management system and some K&N's that are a quick fix until I can figure out something better. I'm making 175 RWHP and 165 Ft/lbs of torque. I make more torque idling than  stock Harley does at full throttle. I may supercharge it someday.... break 300 ponies  ;D

It's a dresser.... that can do 140 mph and do 0 - 60 faster than just about anything on the planet. I can give Hyabusas fits up to about 120 (quite actually I'm out front up to about there) but it's about as aerodynamic as a barn door and weighs twice as much. A few years back I rode back from Iowa on Hwy 71 (very curvy) with a bunch of Ducatis and was able to stay with them until we hit I 29, at which point I left them for dead. It's a giant gas sucking beast....

reed:
Toystoretom
I look after 2 Triumph rocket III Triumph have come a long way!
I have a 68 650 Triumph in the workshop and a T20 cub.
Thanks.
Reed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version