Forum > Restoration

Paint codes???????

(1/3) > >>

Sno Jet:
I have posted a couple time looking for someone who knows the paint codes but have received NO replies.

Is it possible that NO one knows the correct factory paint codes? 

I am trying to match the pearl white on a 200 RS.  Any help out there at all?  Thanks.

whitegto:
My understanding is that with the late all painted 350s (71) the parts were painted locally near Rockford motors headquarters. So, it would seem unlikely that for them at least there wasnt any paint codes.......maybe somebody can shed some more light on this?
I guess the best solution these days is to find a good painter who can colour match, they are out there if you look and ask.

cheers John

BSOrion:
Sno Jet,

I realize this doesn't help much but I've done a lot of research on paint codes for my 1971 RS-200 and have yet to see anything about "pearl white" color let alone code.  For color option doco, I've only found the sales brochure for 1970 which has imperial gold and sequoia green as the only color options for both  200 SS and RS models.  The only other color that year was candy red for the 350 and 175.  Alternative colors may have been available to other countries but that's beyond me.  I don't want to discourage but you might be chasing a ghost or, you may have a very rare RS-200.  I hope later is true.

Good luck, Orion

Sno Jet:
Ok guys, thanks for the replies.  My bike has been re-painted over the years so I do not have a great color sample to go by.  I say my bike is White because the person who last painted it went right over the Mach II decals.  I peeled them back and it is white.  Also the back of the tank by the seat was untouched and is still white.  It was a backyard painter for sure!

If you go to the parts book it shows that the Mach II left side covers came in white, red, blue, gold and green.  I don't know how many were made of each color.  It appears red or gold were popular.

So as I fumble through this puzzle, I believe I have a 1971 Mach II RS in pearl white.  I will try to have the remaining white matched.  I appreciate the comments as I am really into learning as much as I can about this bike.  If any one has a pearl white left hand cover that they want to sell, please let me know.

whitegto:
i would talk to the custom harley guys or hot rod guys to find out where/ who the good painters/ colour matching shops are........John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version