Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 5715 times)

Sno Jet

• Trade Count: (0)
Thanks
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »
Hi all, I will attempt to keep this brief.  This is my first attempt at a restoration.  I recently picked up my engine from Steve Reed.  He went through the engine over the last 6 months and it now looks to be in tip top shape.   

I had purchased a GTR and quickly found out that it was in no where near the mechanical condition that I had hoped for.  It was a time when you get that feeling of  'what have I gotten myself into".  I was desperate for help.  I was very fortunate to find Steve Reed on this site.   To this day, I don't know why but he agreed to help out.

What makes this worth noting is the fact that I had nothing else to offer Steve other than money for his time and my money was no greener than anyone else's.  He has plenty of work as it is.  He still found the good will to help me out.   

So again, thanks goes to Steve Reed and his good character and also to Richard Clark for providing this site.  Along the way, I have learned a few things from Steve and the Forum.  Undoubtedly without this site, I would never have had become interested in Bridgestone Motorcycles to begin with.

ztnoo

Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:59 PM »
Sno Jet,
Kudos to you for your very kind and heartfelt emotions and aspirations.........and also kudos to Steve Reed.
Steve is The Bridgestone Go To Guy......or maybe The Bridgestone Go To Gentleman is a more appropriate description.

So what's your plan now???
i.e. the progression of your restoration......

Regards,
Steve

reed

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »
Harry,
I am glad you and your family got home safe, fourteen hours in a car is not fun!!
Next is the frame for powder coating and i expect weekly reports and pictures.
I will teach you to make tea next time the British way if you need me i am
Going home to Wales for a year only joking! It was good fun you would make
A good mechanic.
Thanks.
Steve.

Offline Mike Anderson

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:02:08 PM »
Hey Steve,
Did the boy's give Harry a proper introduction into helicopter 101? Looks like you are teaching him the proper use of a ratchet hammer. HaHa
Best to both of you.
Later Mike

reed

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:15:18 PM »
Steve,
My plan for this year is to finish off the Bridgestone GTR mine and Richard they are so close!!
I have put a lot of work into the GTR and have been very methodical and meticulous on the
Rebuilds on both motorcycles so you will see pictures very soon.Next is my 90 trail Bridgestone
Followed by my TS 250 Suzuki which was the buy of the year!then the TMX Bridgestone  
Engine rebuild,plus the 90 sport that i got from Harry.
Thanks.
Steve Reed.

reed

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »
Mike,
If you look in the picture i got the Bridgestone collecting habit that five now, i think i got from you!!
Thanks.
Steve.

Offline Mike Anderson

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
Hey Steve,
You are just getting warmed up. If you catch up with me we are going to definately need the rod project. Hopefully everyone will step up and commit to some kits. I have six possible candidates waiting in the wings. That will go thru the parts supply pretty fast! Especially if Harry uses the ratchet hammer on any of them. Hi Harry! Just joking.
Later Mike

ztnoo

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 08:05:05 PM »
Oh!................so............Steve Reed is in charge of and doing Harry's total restoration???
All I knew about was S.R. was going through the motor.
I'm a little confused about what is going on and who is doing what............
Specific and clear information is always helpful to aid in complete comprehension..........

Help me and everyone else out a bit here...................por favor, svp.

Regards,
Steve

reed

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 08:22:57 PM »
Steve,
All i did is rebuild Harry engine, he is going to do the rest of restoration himself!!
Thanks.
Steve Reed.

ztnoo

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 08:28:54 PM »
And now we know all, except for Harry's plan........
 ;)
 ::)

What say you, Mr. Sno Jet???

reed

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »
ztnoo
Steve whats your plans for the year!
Thanks.
Steve Reed.

ztnoo

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 08:59:35 PM »
Finishing my deceased Dad's estate.
I'm not employed, but I have an immense job.
If you haven't done the gig before, you wouldn't understand.........

All I hope for is to ride my RD 350 occasionally....blasting around here and there....

Such is life.
 ;)

Regards,
Steve

p.s.  Back on topic.....how about Harry's plan???

reed

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 09:16:40 PM »
Steve
Is plans are to restore his Bridgestone back to new condition or even mint condition.
Thanks.
Steve Reed.

Sno Jet

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »
Hi all, I did not mean to embarrass Steve Reed with my post.  I consider myself a good judgement of character and thought I would share my experience with the members.  He is a good guy, not perfect, but good!  In all likely hood, I may never see him again in person due to the distance between us.  Maybe the members will pick a National show to attend so we can all meet someday.   

My plan is to finish this restoration.  Hopefully this year.  Too cold outside right now.  Powder coating is next.  I have a little bracket that is missing.  It holds up the right? exhaust pipe up front.  Odd shape piece.  Not sure yet what I am going to do next with that.

Then chroming, paint, ect.  My original plan was to restore the bike 100%.  Some of my chrome is fairly good but not perfect.  It is difficult to pay to have decent looking chrome redone.  So we will have to see what I decide.  I want it to be show worthy as Bridgestone's are an oddity in New England and I what more people to know/learn about them.

Other than that, I hope to enjoy the site and spend more time with the family.  I get a bit of enjoyment hearing other members, old and new talk about their bikes, restorations, ect.  Anyway, I am heading off to work.  Enjoy your days.

Gallery

Views:5054
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:6258
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:6612
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:6661
Comments (0)