Author Topic: I am so excited  (Read 2856 times)

stickman0629

• Trade Count: (0)
I am so excited
« on: September 05, 2009, 08:37:32 PM »
I am a Marine sitting here in Southern Afghanistan on night watch in my communications shop and my mind drifted to my Grandfather, And thats how I found you all.  Thank you for being here!!!!

My grandfather gave me, just before he passed away,  his 1967 (I believe) Bridgestone 175 HS when I was 17.  I got my cycle endorsement on that bike and had such a great time with it.  It always started on the second kick.  I went in the Corps and it sat for a few years.  I started to clean her up a bit and get her in good running order a few years back but age and elements had caught up with her and finding parts was diffacult.  Since then I had some kids and then moved several times and lost some parts, broke some parts, etc.  Now I find you all here and It feels like I may have found a home and a way to get my beautiful little motorcycle running. 

About me.  I am a U.S. Marine normally stationed in North Carolina.  I am married to a very lovely and understanding woman and we have 3 kids.  I am a motorcycle addict and love to be on two wheels.  My daily transportation is a 2008 Harley Street Glide with all the bells and whisles.  I have a real love of old 2 smoke jap bikes.  My father has one of the first Kawasaki F1s imported to the U.S. and I am desprately trying to get his 73 Kawasaki H1 off of him. 

Well glad to find you all.

Eric

Offline Richard Clark BS parts

• Administrator
    • Bridgestone Motorcycle Discussion Board
Re: I am so excited
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »
Eric

Thanks for serving our USA we are so proud of you.

When you get back home and ready to work on your 175, members of this site and myself will be happy to help you.
Just let us know when you are ready.

When you have questions just post them here, I am sure many folks will answer you

Be sure to check out the GALLERY and the DOWNLOADS sections

Richard Clark
Richard  Clark, Owner and provider of this site
BRIDGESTONE MOTORCYCLE PARTS
New Albany IN

BS Shopping Cart- With just a few of my BS parts

https://6x6parts.com/bridgestone_motorcycle_parts/

Thanks
Richard Clark

bsparts@aye.net

Offline old smokey

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 12:47:20 PM »
Hi Eric,
Glad to see you found this site, and thanks for your military service. I'm an ex-Navy pilot myself. The military and motorcycles is a good combination. This is a great site to have questions answered and parts found. Stay aware of your surroundings and come home intact.
Dave
'67 350 GTR undergoing repairs with a '75 Yamaha TX500 front end

Offline Jeff McBrayer

• Full Bridgestone Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 01:01:31 PM »
 Eric, I am more than wiling to help  Jeff McBrayer
Great BS site

stickman0629

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 07:32:55 PM »
Thanks everybody.  I really appreciate it.  I already have found a wealth of info here.  I am on my way home for a couple weeks of R & R and one of the things that I really want to do is try out this milk stone stuff on my gas tank and see how it works out. 

Richard I expect that Ill be dropping a couple of my Tax Free dollars with you before this is all over.  I intend to make a list of things that I think I need and order it so that its at home by the time I get there at the end of my deployment. 

The thought of getting this little bike running has really invigorated me.  I am now trying to convince Dad that we should go do the Moto Giro in the summer of 2010.  That looks like the perfect venture for a Stone.

Thanks again everyone

Mikey

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:44 PM »
Hello Eric,
Thanks for protecting us! Welcome to the site. We have some things in common. My daily rider is a CVO Road King. I also like the old two strokes. I have a collection of H 1's 71 through 76. The 73 H1 is green. A 72 H 2 and a couple of S 3's. There seems to be a lot more of the triples around than there are Bridgestones.
Be safe,
Mikey

stickman0629

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 05:30:24 PM »
Mikey--Thanks for the response.  I remember as a kid that my dad took me for my first ride on his Kawasaki H1.  It was that machine that made me fall in love with motorcycles.  I am going to get that machine and I am going to work on it.  This one is red.  One of the most beautiful colors with metal flake in the paint. 

I just got word from my lovely wife that she is picking me up from the airport on my Harley.  I cant wait to get home for a few weeks.  Its gonna be a great break.

Eric

Gallery

Views:4659
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:5845
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:6101
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:6109