Forum > 350 Talk

Tool kit; 350 GTR

<< < (3/3)

Steve Swan:

--- Quote from: moonpup on August 10, 2018, 06:56:23 PM ---Steve, I've come to determine that the drawing of the tool kit in the Parts Manual is not the most reliable/accurate depiction of what should be included in the kit. The Owner's Manual picture is the one I'd trust.

You'll see in that one that you have 3 screw driver blades which consist of one flat blade and 2 Phillips headed blades.

The bolt & pin at the top are indeed the tools used for timing.

--- End quote ---

Mike, thank you for your kind reply and time spent loading the pics from the Owner's Manual.  i did not think to look at the Owner's Manual !  Looking at the OM now, i see those three blades (and the handle), so i am going with the belief i need the small JIS blade to complete my screwdriver setup. 

Also, looking at the OM, i do not see that round bar, so i am going to assume until shown otherwise that round bar is not part of the GTR tool kit.  Thoughts?

BS Mechanic:
This is the best I can do trying to remember from 1968 what the tool kit in the new 350 I purchased contained.  The tools were like the picture above from the owner's manual.  The wood handled screwdriver would be correct for earlier 90 models, but not the 350.  The 350 screwdriver handle was red plastic with the BS emblem.   I'm 99% sure the 90 standard I had before the 350 did have the wood handle, but I sold that bike in about 1967.  The 350 kit does not contain a plain round bar for driving the spark plug wrench.  The larger screw driver bit served that function.

Steve Swan:

--- Quote from: BS Mechanic on August 10, 2018, 09:35:37 PM ---This is the best I can do trying to remember from 1968 what the tool kit in the new 350 I purchased contained.  The tools were like the picture above from the owner's manual.  The wood handled screwdriver would be correct for earlier 90 models, but not the 350.  The 350 screwdriver handle was red plastic with the BS emblem.   I'm 99% sure the 90 standard I had before the 350 did have the wood handle, but I sold that bike in about 1967.  The 350 kit does not contain a plain round bar for driving the spark plug wrench.  The larger screw driver bit served that function.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for for sharing your experience!  the plain round bar won't be part of the kit.

moonpup:
On a side note, I believe the individual in this photo has taken a nasty spill and may have suffered a bump to the noggin which has resulted in him trying to remove the drain plug bolt with a screwdriver.

Hopefully the “fog” in his head cleared up soon and he was able to begin his search for a right side carb cover to replace the one that now has a hole in it from the brake pedal.

And to think that all this was documented in the Owner’s Manual..... wow!   banana

Steve Swan:

--- Quote from: moonpup on August 11, 2018, 01:33:43 PM ---On a side note, I believe the individual in this photo has taken a nasty spill and may have suffered a bump to the noggin which has resulted in him trying to remove the drain plug bolt with a screwdriver.

Hopefully the “fog” in his head cleared up soon and he was able to begin his search for a right side carb cover to replace the one that now has a hole in it from the brake pedal.

And to think that all this was documented in the Owner’s Manual..... wow!   banana

--- End quote ---

HA!!!  good story Mike!  i noticed the same thing, wondering what business a screwdriver was having in that area, and wondering what 17 year old know-nothing owner back in the day might do with a screwdriver to change the oil.  then i figured the person holding the screwdriver must be using it as a pointer to the drain plug....  probably too sensible of an explanation.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version