Author Topic: BRIDGESTONE WITH THE VJMC AT MID ATLANTIC SHOW.  (Read 3244 times)

rocketman

• Trade Count: (0)
BRIDGESTONE WITH THE VJMC AT MID ATLANTIC SHOW.
« on: February 15, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »
  The Mid Atlantic Motorcycle Show was bigger than ever this year,and appeared to break previous attendance over the three days of the show. Saturday was an absolute zoo! The isles off the main avenue are 10 ft wide, you could not see the other side of the isle for the solid wall of people moving through. A swap meet and sale were added in a second building this year, but didn't have much going in the way of vintage or antique. Promotion was late, maybe there will be more diversification next year if they do it again. My 100 Racer was on display with the VJMC, and was once again the lone Bridgestone in the show. On a side note, the VJMC had a great booth this year and I want to thank them for inviting me to add my bike to their display. As usual, my pictures leave much to be desired,but I'll post what I have. Mark.

rocketman

Re: BRIDGESTONE WITH THE VJMC AT MID ATLANTIC SHOW.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »
 Here's a few of the "other than Bridgestone" bikes from the show. The great thing about these events is that you never know what you will see unless you go. The grey bike is a Velocette. That's no cover, its the frame. 200cc bizarre machine. The little gold Suzuki Stinger is a 125 twin beauty belonging to another member. Check out those cool Mikuni carbs. Third bike won the Vintage Metric class, its a super sweet Z1 900 Kawasaki. Hope you can make out the pics, Mark.

Offline Richard Clark BS parts

• Administrator
    • Bridgestone Motorcycle Discussion Board
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:17:14 PM »
Mark

Photos look great, display very nice.
Did any one who looked at your SR know how special of a bike it is?

Questions? or need Bridgestone parts? call:

Richard Clark
812-944-1643  8am-6pm EST Weekdays
EMAIL: bsparts@aye.net
Richard  Clark, Owner and provider of this site
BRIDGESTONE MOTORCYCLE PARTS
New Albany IN

BS Shopping Cart- With just a few of my BS parts

https://6x6parts.com/bridgestone_motorcycle_parts/

Thanks
Richard Clark

bsparts@aye.net

rocketman

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:59:40 PM »
  Thanks Richard. There were those who knew its significance, but few and far between. The bike and the display received lots of nice compliments and there were a few people who passed through that remembered when the bike was still being raced by my father or myself or both. The most interesting visitor was someone I recognized from all those years ago, but I could not quite put my finger on who he was. He was speaking with one of the field reps who was minding the booth. The rep had asked if he remembered the Bridgestone's.  His answer was, not only did he remember Bridgestone Motorcycles, but knew of my exact bike and its history. I was called over to join the conversation and we were re-introduced. He was the nephew of Bill Garrett, my fathers friend who was also the dealer that first promoted and sold him the bike.  Most of the folks who inquired about it didn't know Bridgestone made motorcycles. Others had a good story of their first bike being a Bridgestone, or of them wishing that it  had been.  Mark.

reed

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 09:58:33 PM »
Mark
Nice pictures, on the Velocette they were used as Police bikes at one time in the UK!
Thanks.
Steve.

rocketman

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 07:03:23 AM »
 I guess when theres only so far you can go, they don't have to be in a big hurry to catch you? I'm pretty sure a good bicycle could outrun this thing.  Mark.

ColoStone

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 12:16:15 PM »
Hi  Mark great photos ,and I must say you have a sweet bike and looks as if it could climb grade with ease.
             Thanks
                 Randy

rocketman

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »
 Thanks,Randy. It's good to hear from you. The 100 was a blast to ride. I would love to do it again some day, but I'm too fat for it now! I would have a hard time making myself unload it in the dirt now anyway.  I'm confident the bike would still fly, especially with another 85 lb rider!  Thanks,Mark.

ColoStone

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 12:37:38 PM »
Mark I remember reading about your Weight Loss program for the 350, maybe you can lose some Iron from your diet and get back to the lower regions on the scale  ;D. Hope you and your family are doing well , I am always more  distracted in the winters with work and dealing with the snow up here in the sticks. When things get more open for me I am going to be in deep with getting the jugs back on ect. ect. CAN NOT WAIT !
           Thanks
               Randy   

Gallery

Views:4681
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:5872
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:6139
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson