Author Topic: USA registration 350gtr ?  (Read 351 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline erniegroen

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Registered Bridgestone Member
  • **
  • Posts: 18
USA registration 350gtr ?
« on: February 19, 2023, 09:37:45 AM »
I bought my 350GTR as a basket case (without papers) from someone here in Germany. The whole was brought by him from Canada. I am now trying to get a registration certificate, but the German TUV (DMV) requires proof that the motorcycle was registered at the time 1967 or 1968? The frame number is NA1-04135 engine NA1-03625 Reg. 21V04109. A friend in Canada has checked in all states but the machine is not known in Canada.
My suspicion is that the machine comes from the USA.
Can any of the forum members help me?
Thanks in advance, Ernie

Offline BRT-GTR

  • Brian
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 949
Re: USA registration 350gtr ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 10:18:17 AM »
   I was asked for proof of US registration (not available) when I registered an imported GTO here in the UK.
 I replied that the vehicle was built in 1969 with 3300 miles on the clock and probably had not been on the road in the past 50 years and proof was not available which they accepted.
Unspoiled by progress.
I'm so glad I grew up in the 60s & 70s. I did so much stupid stuff and there's no record of it.............Anywhere !!

Offline Old BS Guy

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Bridgestone Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 140
Re: USA registration 350gtr ?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 12:23:57 AM »
Ernie; Many states purge that information from their systems after a decade or more, especially if the registration is not renewed. If the bike was indeed a U.S. import bike, the serial number plate will say "Rockford Motors, or Rockford Scooter Co. on the bottom. If it was not, that area will be blank. The other problem with proofing that nomenclature is that the bike might have been titled, and then registered, by either the serial number, or the frame number. In the U.S., it can appear either way depending on what the DMV office does as a procedure. Most bikes only have a frame number, so it gets Titled using those numbers of course. Without any documentation or provenance, I'm not sure how you're going to get your registration accomplished unless they have a provision for rebuilt totals or custom builds. Your other option would be to have someone here in the U.S. apply for a Vermont registration for you, then transfer that registration to you as a sale. Vermont does not recognize Titles for older bikes, and will issue you a plate and registration, which can then later be presented for a Title in states requiring one. This would at least give you an ownership document. I personally have 3 vintage bikes with Vermont plates. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress. Feel free to PM or email me if you need more info or help.
'65 BS Homer 50, '69 Mk II RS, '67 GTR, '70 GTO, '75 Taka 100, '69 Mk II SS.



Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson


1967 bridgestones speedometer cable needed
Date: 08/29/2023 03:49 am
Time Left:
Bridgestone BS 7 / surfrider
Date: 08/20/2023 06:58 pm
Time Left:
Bridgestone motorcycle parts wanted list
Date: 03/21/2023 03:45 am
Time Left:
Bridgestone BS 7 / surfrider
Date: 02/28/2023 05:07 pm
Time Left:

Recent Downloads added

Chibi, Chibi Deluxe, Tora Service Manual
Rating: (None)
Filesize: 20383.27KB
Date: May 01, 2023, 08:35:39 PM
Rating: (None)
Filesize: 14301.44KB
Date: May 01, 2023, 08:25:53 PM
BS200 Mk II RS & MK II SS Exclusive Parts
Rating: (None)
Filesize: 358.29KB
Date: March 07, 2021, 07:30:10 PM
1970 sales brochure
Rating: *****
Filesize: 6753.33KB
Date: July 16, 2020, 10:01:18 PM

Powered by EzPortal