Author Topic: Introducing myself and my bikes  (Read 4454 times)

Snitchwell

• Trade Count: (0)
Introducing myself and my bikes
« on: October 27, 2013, 01:48:31 AM »
Hey everyone. I am a noob and I just wanted to introduce myself and show you the Bridgestone's I have been tinkering with. My name is Harry and I am from Philadelphia. I am a college student and I think that Bridgestone motorcycles are very understated and very cool. The cycles I have played with are both 175's, one Hurricane Scrambler and one Dual Twin. I am excited to be a member of this site and here are a couple pictures of what I have.

Offline Richard Clark BS parts

• Administrator
    • Bridgestone Motorcycle Discussion Board
Re: Introducing myself and my bikes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:03:24 AM »
Welcome to the BS world,  You bikes look pretty good, do I hear a "riding restoration"!

Happy to have you aboard the Bridgestone Motorcycle site.

You are welcome to use all the sites  features:

Post messages
Ask questions
Post photos in messages
Post photos in the GALLERY
Post ads in the CLASSIFIEDS
Post, add links
Post Vidoes
View and print manuals  in the DOWNLOAD section add new ones too!

Or just surf!   It's all free

We really hope you enjoy the site and have fun with your "stone"  If you have any questions you  are
welcome to contact me directly.

If you need any parts for your Bridgestone, please contact me, I have the worlds largest inventory of new and reproduction
Bridgestone parts. When sending a email concerning parts, please list part numbers and descriptions of items needed.

If you need part numbers, you can find the parts manuals in the MANUAL/ARTICLES section of this website.

For example what I need is you to send me a list of parts you want, to my email address, in a list form as exampled below:

2)   1305-9000  Piston rings
2)   1341-9000  Piston
1)   6831-5010  Cover knob

Then we will look up the parts and reply back you you, it will  take us a few days to reply.

Thanks
Richard Clark
Richard  Clark, Owner and provider of this site
BRIDGESTONE MOTORCYCLE PARTS
New Albany IN

BS Shopping Cart- With just a few of my BS parts

https://6x6parts.com/bridgestone_motorcycle_parts/

Thanks
Richard Clark

bsparts@aye.net

Bikenstein

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
Welcome Harry. Enjoy the site. Would like to hear how you became interested in Bridgestones.

Offline Mike Anderson

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »
Welcome to this site. Hope you enjoy as much as I do. By the way I once had a GTR painted that color green. Never knew if it was original or not. Hard to tell the way they switched colors around.
Thanks Mike

Snitchwell

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 04:20:37 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. I got interested in Bridgestones because I bought that green one for $300 in "running condition." It ran poorly, and when it would actually hit it's power band and get ready to take off, the clutch would slip like crazy. Also it has the old style, two-piece oil tank and all of the lines on that were bad and it leaked all over the engine. So, I had my work cut out for me. I got that Bridgestone running great and put a new clutch in it. I sold it and of course shortly after I missed it, so I bought the Scrambler. I just recently posted in the 175/200 talk section about the timing issue I am having with the blue bike and any help would be appreciated. "Riding restoration" is a great way to describe it. The colors on both of them are incorrect and they both have red paint underneath, but I think whoever picked those colors was on to something. Finally, that green Bridgestone had 24,000 miles on the odometer that the previous owner said were correct. So, the quality of Bridgestone motorcycle is impressive to me.

grundlegrabber

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 08:50:17 PM »
Hello and welcome to the site. I have a few Bridgestones and I am from the Philly area as well (burbs). I dig the lime green, not original but looks cool. Glad to see the younder generation is interested in these bikes. I'm in my 30's so Bridgestones were a little before my time, but as soon as I found my 175 I just had to have more. God luck with your scrambler.

Offline dcr

• Expert Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:08 AM »
Welcome to the site. I am also from just outside the philly area - Chester County. Love the green.
1966 175 DT and 1968 350 GTR

Gallery

Views:5003
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:6200
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:6521
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:6564