Author Topic: Seat covers from Thailand? Please help  (Read 8620 times)

Offline Jeff McBrayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Bridgestone Member
Seat covers from Thailand? Please help
« on: April 26, 2009, 01:24:42 PM »
Has anyone done business with the ebay seat cover guys from Thailand?  I am not very trusting when if comes to giving my card information to people I do not know. Much less in Thailand.    Please let me know your buying or dealings as I want a seat cover that they do not have listed on ebay   Jeff McBrayer.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 01:28:11 PM by Jeff McBrayer »
Great BS site

rocketman

Re: Seat covers from Thailand? Please help
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »
I dont know what you've done since this posting,but I have dealt extensively with TC and his crew. his product is excellent and if its not,he will make it right. He's currently offering 3 covers in his line that were patterned from my own covers. He also re-made a cover I ordered from him that I did not supply the original for. One he was already selling,that was not correct and he paid for the shipping. The only problem I see is sending any rare cover,like the racer to a country with so much turmoil. I have yet to have a problem with the shipping,etc.,but it does add considerably to the shipping time. It also worries me toward an early grave the whole time I'm waiting for the return. Mark.

rocketman

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:00:29 PM »
Sorry,just to clarify; I'm referencing Pitreplica as the Thai reproducer. Are we talking about the same one? Also,deal with all these out of country guys thru Paypal so you don't reveal any financials. Mark.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:02:38 PM by rocketman »

Offline OldSwartout

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 08:22:56 AM »
I bought one of the 350 seat covers from Pit Replica, but haven't installed it yet as the seat pan needs some work.  It came within a few days of ordering.  The cover is very good; not quite an original, but you have to know what you're looking for to see the difference.  The suede and the heat-formed ribs are exact or very close.  The shape appears to be very close; it has the front "flap" that fills in up against the back of the tank.  The bottom edge is made like the original with a wire wrapped in the edge to keep the seat pan prongs from tearing it out.  The "wire" is actually plastic instead of metal, but that is probably an improvement.

Now the differences:

The "flap" on the front on the original actually has a little foam sewn inside to give it a little more bulk, the Pit Replica one doesn't, but I don't think that's an issue.  You have to look closely to see the difference.

The lettering is exact in size and placement, but is pure white instead of the original light gray/silver.

The two longitudinal seams at the rear kickup on the Pit Replica are conventional stitched seams; on the original, they are stitched, then heat-sealed, leaving a small ridge.

The rivets look just like the originals in construction, but the heads are just slightly flatter.  You'd never notice it on a bike without an original to compare side by side.

The strap is just vinyl, folded over and stitched.  It doesn't have any webbing in it to make it strong or stiff like the original.  I suspect it will bunch up and not lie flat very well.  I have one on the seat I'm currently using that has a thin piece of webbing in it, and even it doesn't lie flat, but wrinkles.

None of the above, except maybe the strap, would make any difference unless you were entered in a Concours competition and Jim Trader was one of the judges.   ;D

I'll let you all know how it fits soon.  Assuming the fit is good, this is a very good seat cover for the money.  Mine had a bit of white material smeared near the front when it came.  I contacted Pit Replica and got a quick reply. It turned out to be a bit of the white paint from the logo painting, but it came off easily with a quick wipe with lacquer thinner.  The response from Pit Replica was good.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:28:29 AM by OldSwartout »
Karl Swartout
Mooresville, IN
BS175 Roadracer. BS200RS, BS350 GTR

rocketman

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 08:37:17 AM »
 You can contact TC at pitreplica2@gmail.com about the slight differences. He would like to know of anything that needs done to improve his product. Sometimes the originals that are sent to him are in very poor shape and the details can be a little difficult to replicate exactly without some further information. Just the sort of stuff you're mentioning here. Mark.

ColoStone

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 07:43:58 AM »
Not sure what happen to the strap on my seat , but does anyone know where I may get one ( 71 350 GTR ) . Thanks Randy                                                                   

ridered

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 08:08:04 AM »
I just installed a Pit Replica seat cover and it fit perfectly. Real nice cover, dollar for dollar it can't be beat. The chrome studs are a little tricky to install without damaging them but they send you a few extras just in case. I prefer the original Bridgestone studs for ease of installation. I will be taking an original stud to a Harley dealer and see if they can match one up for me as alto of Harley's use those type of studs on their saddle bags and seats ETC:

reed

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »
Hi Mike
Give Mike Anderson a call!
Thanks.
Reed.

reed

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 09:39:16 AM »
Colostone
Give Mike Anderson a email i got my seat and it came with a strap or try Richard
Thanks.
Reed.

Offline OldSwartout

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 10:09:03 AM »
The Pit Replica strap internal webbing is a little wimpy and may tend to wrinkle up, but try it and if you don't like it, it's pretty easy to make one or have an upholstery shop make one.
Karl Swartout
Mooresville, IN

rocketman

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 10:26:02 AM »
Karl or Charlie,you need to contact T.C. at pitreplica2@gmail and tell him about the strap. He will correct the problem and wants to know when his product needs improvement. It will benefit all in the future.  Mark.

ColoStone

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 08:16:59 PM »
thanks guys i will peruse the options and GET-R-DONE

Randy 

ColoStone

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 07:42:39 AM »
Ridered I recall seeing the chrome seat studs on ebay NOS look up " bridgestone parts "

Randy

ridered

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 08:22:36 AM »
I wasn't able to find them under Bridgestone part's. I did some digging around and found out that pit replica sells them and from the pics they look and install just like the originals. I ordered a set and when I get them I will report on the quality.
Thanks for all the info
Mike

whitegto

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 06:33:02 PM »
Guys,
the seat studs are simply bifurcated rivets, they come in many different sizes and are readily available. Google em

John

ColoStone

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »
Thanks John.  I found this if anyone needs some

Randy

http://www.rivetsinstock.com/rivet25.htm?gclid=CMnS-tWvoaQCFdFO5wodsn5g7A

Offline OldSwartout

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 09:14:15 AM »
Sirius Consolidated in Canada sells them on e-bay:

http://stores.ebay.com/Sirius-Consolidated-Inc/_i.html?_fsub=8

Their current ads only have 13 piece kits, contact them, I think they'll sell other amounts as a kit.
Karl Swartout
Mooresville, IN

Gallery

Views:3910
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:5083
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:5352
Comments (0)