Forum > 50, 60, 90 & 100 Talk

Proud new owner of a 1966 90 Sport with oil injection!

(1/1)

Sno Jet:
I couldn't resist even though it needs a bit of restoration.  I don't know much about these so I welcome any comments/facts/information good, bad or indifferent on this bike.  I will work on some photo's!

reed:
Snojet
I have a Bridgestone 90 trail they are a lot of fun to work on if you need any help give me a call!
Thanks.
Steve.

Hap:
Hey Sno Jet, I just bought a 90 Sport as well and need to get it running also. I live in Deerfield, NH. Perhaps we can figure out these things together as I am not a mechanic either.

Classic Cruiser:
New member here:  Just acquired a 90 Sport from my father-in-laws garage.  It was last registered in 83 and indicates it is a 69, but I could not find any manuals with that year.  Anyway, it is red and been in the garage all these years.  I am not mechanically inclined, but am handy.  It is going to be fun to get her up and running.  Want to use around town and getting to the metro as you do not have to pay to park with a bike.  Thinking of a cafe racer look with drag bars and bigger headlight...  Located in Northern Virginia.

I am guessing mechanicals first followed by the cosmetic stuff.  Starting from scratch.  Appreciate if anyone has a checklist to go by or any other step by step process.

Cheers!

Richard

Sno Jet:
Sounds like a good project. For starters,  I would:

1.  Check compression and spark
2.  Clean carb./replace fuel lines if needed
3.  Inspect fuel tank for rust and clean as needed.
4.  Change/check  fluids/oils/fuel/air filter

The rest of the mechanics/tires will need to be looked at before you hit the road.  Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version