Author Topic: selling my 350 gtr anyone intersested?  (Read 20486 times)

scott

• Trade Count: (0)
selling my 350 gtr anyone intersested?
« on: April 03, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »
i have a 67 350 gtr that i did some work on a few years ago. it has new cables,handlebar,ind.lights, cylinders,pistons,rings,chain,sprockets,seat cover, bike was completly taken apart and sandblasted,epoxy primed,& base clear coated. pipes and mufflers were ceramic coated, new chrome on the rear fender,headlamp assembly,fork brackets,tires and tubes. wheels are ok but do have some blemishes. i ride this bike. its not a trailer queen! hope this clears up some things on this one. i had my son do the photos. im not much for computers. thanks again guys for the consern and help! you guys are a hoot!  scott, manitowoc wi.  920-323-6192.   i did get a fellow call on it from austrailia today.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:49:14 PM by scott »

Sno Jet

Re: selling my 350 gtr anyone intersested?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 06:05:31 AM »
Hi Scott, you may want to add some of those pictures under the classified section "Bikes for Sale".  That way members can find it easier.  A lot of our members are overseas and would appreciate detailed pics/info.

With the rising costs of parts, paint, chrome, ect, ect,  someone may scoop it up.  It may be cheaper in the long run.  Good luck.

ztnoo

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 06:44:24 AM »
I agree with Harry.
Posting pics and more ad detail can't hurt your item.
Put the item in Classifieds.

Buyers always want more info and a seller who is lax in providing those things, only hurts his prospects.
If someone is going to shell out 7 Gs, they want to see what they are considering, especially if they can't come look at it in person.

Regards,
Steve

Offline OldSwartout

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 08:27:20 AM »
Posting pics and more ad detail can't hurt your item.
If someone is going to shell out 7 Gs, they want to see what they are considering, especially if they can't come look at it in person.

Regards,
Steve

Plus, the rest of us just like to look at photos of Bridgestones.  :)
Karl Swartout
Mooresville, IN
BS175 Roadracer. BS200RS, BS350 GTR

scott

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »
thanks for the help guys. i will try and get some in that section! scott

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 09:10:50 AM »
FYI.... I had already posted a link to Scott's craigslist ad in the classifieds back on 3/21.

http://bridgestonemotorcycleparts.com/index.php?action=classifieds;sa=view;id=418

Scott, your ad in craigslist is asking $6,000 and in your post here you want $7,000. You might want to clear that up for everyone.  ???

Good luck with your sale, it's a nice GTR.

Mike
Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

Bikenstein

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »
Bridgestone people are so smart. ;D My bike doubled in value after that one sold for 8 grand!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:34:43 PM by Bikenstein »

scott

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 09:13:46 PM »
was just thinkin i should get a grand for my labor at least!

ztnoo

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 05:08:38 PM »
scott,
I see you posted an ad in Classifieds.
I think that is to your benefit................but man, this is a buyer's market, in case you haven't noticed.
Look what has happened with real estate in the last 3 1/2 years.
My comments are meant to be constructive criticism about the way you are going about this sale.
You can do what you want and that's your prerogative, but if you truly want to sell this GTR at the price you are bantering about (which isn't chump change), I think you are going to have to do a bit more homework to score the big hit.
$7,000 isn't just going to fall into your lap because you posted an ad.
I'd be the last to dispute your labor is worth at least 1 Grand.

What I'm trying to say is.......... you need to display more visual, graphic proof of your considerable efforts.
Don't ask people to email you for more pics......be proactive.........JUST DO IT and show them here and elsewhere.......ebay and Craigslist, if necessary.
Don't assume too much about what you have. The marketplace doesn't automatically assume anything about what you say you have. You have to forcefully display your wares. Good photography and lots of it, can only help your cause. It may not seal a deal, but what you have offered so far, IMO, is below par. Frankly you aren't doing yourself any favors, even though you say you want to sell, and for a potential buyer, what you have offered so far, doesn't do much to further your quest for a sale.

As an example, here's a pic from your ad here at Richard's web site.
It looks like a negative, shows nothing that a potential buyer is looking for, and frankly.........well, sucks as far as photos go. Would YOU buy a bike based on THIS photo???

If need be, get some help with this photo taking and posting business.
With where you are now with your ad and your pics, IMO, you are going to go sideways at best on trying to sell this....and more likely are on a downhill slope to achieving your stated goal of selling.

Just my

Regards,
Steve
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:32:15 AM by ztnoo »

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 05:45:32 PM »
FYI... the picture of Scott's bike is a result of trying to post a pic that is too large for Richards classifieds section to handle. I posted the same picture here in my craigslist link after first making sure it wouldn't be too big. The result was a pic that was larger than his craigslist ad but small enough to be accepted in the classifieds. (hope that makes sense  ::) )
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:48:40 PM by moonpup »
Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

Steve S.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 05:55:50 PM »
Well said ztnoo!

ztnoo

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
Well, it looks like some photo editing research is in order.
 :o

Here's an idea!
Post the new stuff (pics) in this thread!
Eureka!!!!

Then edit the ad.

Inquiring minds might have interest if the evidence is sufficient to warrant further inquiry.

Regards,
Steve

Sno Jet

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
New pictures and more detailed info. provided, such as any engine work that was done, yes.  Buyers market???  No.   

Lets see how long the next one lasts on Ebay.   That $8300 GTO was not a steal for us in the U.S.   Different story if you don't live in the U.S. though.

All the cheaper ones have not made it to the end of the auctions.  These restorable bikes are going to need a lot of cash dumped into them to bring them up to a respectable appearance/running condition.

The U.S. economy currently stinks and the bikes are still not going cheap.  There are not enough 350's over seas to meet demand at this time.  Could we be in a bubble?  Maybe.  We will have to wait and see.

Steve, you need to appeal to the overseas buyers.   The exchange rate is looking good right now. 

From what I can tell, that is a nice bike you have there.  You would do well to put a little more work into your advertising.  Buyer's love detailed close up pictures.

reed

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2012, 10:24:03 PM »
Harry,
I was talking to some friends back at home in the UK and petrol is $10.00 per gallon right now.
If a Bridgestone was sold and sent to the UK for $8300 that would be around 5000.00 pounds
Plus VAT tax that's a lot of money and still i see motorcycles being shipped to the UK.
But i still think the economy in the U.S.is better than in the UK right now, and a year from now
It will be even better you will see this is the place to be in.
Thanks.
Steve.  :)

Sno Jet

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 07:08:45 AM »
Ztnoo brought up some valid points.  The guys who have gotten the best results selling have been the ones who supplied great pictures and detailed information.

Sno Jet

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 07:12:38 AM »
Reed, I was not specifically talking about the UK.  I have been told the people of Wales stuff their mattresses with cash!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

reed

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »
Harry,
We have  sleep money number beds in Wales.
Thanks.
Steve   ;D

Offline old smokey

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »
Reed, is the wife's side of the bed on a higher setting???  ;D
'67 350 GTR undergoing repairs with a '75 Yamaha TX500 front end

Bikenstein

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 08:50:26 PM »
I think zt is right. It seems that an auction on ebay with quality advertising will bring the highest price. I'm not in the market for a restored GTR but I feel the 1000 dollar mark up on this site doesn't help draw interest. Put it on ebay with a low starting bid and let them go at it. Close ups showing detailed finish of the engine, wheels and painted parts along with specifics on the restoration will be necessary to get a top price. I really wanted that Miami GTR, even called to get the ok to pick it up when my job was finished. I think someone is offering a deal they can't refuse to end early. Maybe the same guy. I was gonna snipe it but I guess I'm gonna have to change strategy here in order to get one in the future.

Offline old smokey

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »
Scott,
If you want some help with photos or posting, send me an email.
I'm just in the next county south of you.
Not in the market for another GTR, but always nice to see one.

Something I find annoying with craigslist ads is when the seller doesn't include photos, and then says he will only respond to phone calls and will ignore all email replies. I never go after those ads.
'67 350 GTR undergoing repairs with a '75 Yamaha TX500 front end

Gallery

Views:321
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1454
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:1784
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:1851