Forum > Members: Introduce yourself

New to the site. Just found and bought back my BS 100TMX after 26 years.

(1/3) > >>

TMX_Maverick:
Just joined the site because it looks like it's the place to go for Bridgestone knowledge and parts information.  I'm glad to find it!

After restoring a Yamaha Seca streetbike, I got the itch to find my old Bridgestone that we sold when I was 18.  After randomly knocking on a couple doors in my old neighborhood (without getting shot!) I actually found the man who bought her in 1986.  He still had her -- unfortunately under a tarp behind his barn for the last 20 years -- but was willing to part with it for a fair price.  Now she's home in my garage, and my 13-year-old son and I are looking forward to making it a father-son project for a couple years.

The cylinder's seized, I'm sure (rear wheel and kickstart lever are both non-moveable) and she's fairly rusty all over.  But I remember the 2-stroke music in my head, and I'm looking forward to hearing it again!

Thanks in advance for your help at some point here in the future, once I finish up another family motorcycle restoration.

RayK:
Hi Welcome to the site. Your story re finding your old bike sounds familiar. Recently, a chap from NSW in Oz joined the site with what looked remarkably like my BS 100 sport (blue) that I bought in 1968. I may be able to convince him to sell it to me in future you never know.
I also liked your comment about the possiblity of being shot when knocking at people's doors to find your old bike. Inspite of the gun laws being incredibly strict in Australia - I'm not sure that I would go knocking at doors in certain parts of Sydney where middle eastern crime gangs use the streets as shooting galleries - somehow, I don't think that they would be interested in old Japanese motorcycles from the late 60s and early 70s.
Good luck with your restoration and remember Richard Clark is a great source for NOS parts and advice.
Ray

old smokey:
Welcome to the site!
That sounds like some good memories as a solid foundation for future stories to come from.
My wife would shoot me if I found a TMX to come home with.
Good luck with the restoration.

Bikenstein:
I love to hear the happy ending stories especially when it comes to motorcycles. Welcome to the site and I hope you really enjoy the restoration with your son. That's a great way for him to learn bikes and appreciate the oldies. You're right about this site. Richard has a treasure trove of nos parts and there's a wealth of knowledge and experience among these guys and they're more than willing to share.

Mike Anderson:
Glad to see another TMX being restored. Looking forward to riding mine around the neighborhood after I freshen a few parts on it. Richard will be of great help to you with NOS parts for your bike. Good luck and looking forward to seeing your progress. 
Thanks Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version