Forum > Back to Basics

Latest Bridgestone aquisition

(1/2) > >>

RayK:
1983 made by Bridgestone Tokyo Japan - even has the original BS logos - $60 AUD and a coffee

reed:
Ray,
I am after a Bridgestone ten speed push bike they are collectible.
Thanks.
Steve.

paul:
is there an SR model?

reed:
Paul,
I would like a road model RB-1 RB-2 RB-3 OR A RB-T.
In the 80s a man called Grant Peterson ran the U.S.
Bicycle Division for Bridgestone a very talented designer.
Thanks.
Steve.
PS any of these models i would take.

RayK:
After all Mr Ishibashi started the Bridgestone Company manufacturing bicycles just after WWII.

Bicycles
Kabuki head badge.

The Bridgestone Cycle Co Ltd[14] originated in 1949. It offers bicycles under its own brand and under the Anchor brand.[15]

At one time, Bridgestone marketed bicycles under the name Kabuki.[16]

The U.S. marketing director of the Bicycle division, Grant Petersen, developed a reputation for resisting popular trends in the bicycle industry and instead followed his own personal philosophy of building dependable and comfortable bicycles. Peterson applied this approach to Rivendell Bicycle Works after Bridgestone stopped marketing bicycles in the U.S.

The company was an innovator in the nascent mountain bike scene, designing mountain bikes with shorter chain-stays and steeper frame angles than then popular. This made it more nimble and a better climber.
Anchor brand bicycle in a Japanese store

Bridgestone is currently building frames in Japan for keirin track racing under Nihon Jitensha Shinkokai approved standards. It is currently producing non-NJS frames for the Japanese market as well.

In Japan, it is known as a manufacturer of utility, mountain and (under the brand name Anchor) road racing bikes.

Bridgestone has also collaborated with Dr. Alex Moulton to produce the Bridgestone Moulton Bicycle and marketed its own folding bicycle, the Bridgestone Picnica.

Bridgestone also released a range of BMX Bicycles in 1981-1982 known as the MKI & MKII.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version