WHAT TYPE MOTORCYCLES WHOULD BRIDGESTONE BE PRODUCING TODAY

(1/4) > >>

reed:
What type of motorcycles would Bridgestone be producing today
If they were still going today!
Thanks.
Reed.

rocketman:
LOL...The Bad-Ass type! Do you think we can convince them to restart production? I've got some ideas for them. Mark.

Dave K:
Reed, good question. I have no idea what a company would build. There is no shortage of the Harley or wanna be Harley bikes. The crotch rockets are still kind of strong in my area ( and I love them, but they don't love me). Tradional style bikes that kind of retro the 60's-80's are a great idea that fits me well, but doesn't seem to sell well. Touring bikes don't seem to be on everyones list like they were a few years ago. Off road bikes are so specialized and with land closures, getting harder and harder to use.  Just a hint of the bikes that I have or kept is the BS 175DT, a Honda '73 750 K3, as it was built by Honda and a '81 Goldwing with Vetter and Samsonite. Both of these  bikes bought new. I sold my Honda 600 CBR F4, not real long ago. Loved it, I could look at all day, just didn't work for me for a ride longer than 20miles. Sold the XR 350R in the past 5 yrs., because of land closures. What type of bike do you suggest or you would think would market well?

BSOrion:
I would personally like to see more and better 70s and maybe some early 80s classics developed.  I'm not crazy about the Ducati classics, especially the newer ones but I do think that the Moto-Guzzi classic hit the mark.  I think Bridgestone could develop a classic of sorts; however, it might have to be done through the partnership with other engine and component manufacturers.  On the other hand, Suzuki re-invented itself and Kawasaki came into the game relatively late so why not Bridgestone?

Orion

James14p:
Unless they were to change their way of thinking (I would hope they wouldn't) the EPA would have done them in by now. Don't think there are any new 2 stroke street bikes left anymore. Style wise, I think there would still be a market for the 175/350 style of bike............Something to think about, The 350 with todays light weight frames, etc. Bet they could cut two thirds the weight off of it. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version