Forum > General Discussion

UPDATE ON THE HISTORY OF BRIDGESTONE ARTICLE ***THIS IS A MUST READ***

(1/1)

Richard Clark BS parts:
In the forum section entitled HISTORY OF BRIDGESTONE by Mr Graham Weeks, I have added a 20 page PDF file as the COMPLETE HISTORY OF BRIDGESTONE, complete with production tables, racer and production history.  All brought to us by Mr. Graham Weeks.

Note: These new PDF is printable and located at bottom of the original article posted at link below:

http://bridgestonemotorcycleparts.com/index.php?topic=149.msg349#msg349

Questions? or need Bridgestone parts? call:

Richard Clark
812-944-1643  8am-6pm EST Weekdays

Jeff Bar:
Richard:  What an wonderful article, 20 pages of great reading, now I understand more about stones.
Many thanks for posting it.

Jeff Bar

reed:
Richard
Its amazing that we can get all this information on Bridgestone.
This was a great read.
Thanks.
Reed.

Bridgestone Man:
Great article, the PDF file was clear, one of the best PDF's I have ever seen. I ever printed it.

Sam Keys

rocketman:
These additions/completion of Grahams article makes for a interesting read. I saw a posting by a member recently inquiring about the production numbers of the factory's SR production racers.(Hal?) I've not seen these figures broken down anywhere and do not know if such figures exist. I've been told in the past,that due to Bridgestones somewhat confusing and inadequate vin numbering system,that these models cannot be separated out of the overall production figures. So...if anyone has any info regarding this subject,theres a lot of interest. The only  "concrete" SR related production number I have ever seen is stated in the early '67 Bridgestone advertisement for the SR100. I have posted a copy of it on the site and I see the ad sold often on the net. It states that Rockford contracted Bridgestone to produce 200,SR90 racers for 1966. These bikes were to be assigned to various dealers to be entered Primarily in dirt track and scrambles events by qualified riders as a test. The article claims high win ratios and the program was advanced,thus the SR100 was created. Since unlike the 90's,the 100's used a bunch of special sand cast parts and were hand assembled to include case porting and fully processed crankshafts,etc.,their numbers are surely much lower. Even the advertised number for the 90 production may have never been met. Let me know if I've missed something! Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version