Forum > Members: Introduce yourself

new member,

(1/2) > >>

johnrkeele:
Hello members,  I have a 200 MK2 RS, that's been 'waiting for attention' for some time. I've been looking around on the site here now, but it's taking me some time to become familiar with it all. A quick question is...are the upper and lower piston ring the same part?
I was looking for a parts diagram that would identify each separately, but what I see shows both rings in a siingle part number for the pair.
Thanks,
John Keele
Columbus, IN

old smokey:
Hi John,
Welcome to the site. Sorry I can't answer your question as I have a 350 GTR, although with that I could go look at the pistons as they sit with the cylinders removed.
It's been waiting for my attention since Oct 6, 2011 but that's a long story.
BTW, my sister lives in Columbus but she's no help for Bridgestones either.
Good luck!
Dave

johnrkeele:
Hi Dave, I'm pretty sure they are the same...I can't see any difference in looking at them.  Where are you located?  Sounds like your BS 350 project took about as long for getting some attention as my 200.  :)

OldSwartout:
The rings for the engines with chrome bores have identical top and bottom rings - cast iron with no special face treatment.

johnrkeele:
Thanks, Karl.  It looked to me that the rings are the same. I suspected it right away, because I had (finally) found that to be the case on a
Suzuki S32-2 that I had obtained and put back into nice condition for a friend in Salem, IN. 
 I'm still trying to get better at navigating this 'forum' system here.  I see that you have been long active and have contributed a lot of information, knowledge, and experience to it. And I'm especially pleased to find that you're not very far away...we've been in Columbus now for a long time. (and I've been a VJMC member for a long time too...especially when the club held their 'national' rally at Spring Mill State Park near Mitchell, IN for several years).
John Keele
812 552 3602 (cell)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version