Author Topic: Possible Good Find on a GTR  (Read 13380 times)

Bikenstein

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Possible Good Find on a GTR
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »
Hey Bikenstein,

If you can, please keep a look out for a Kawasaki B8...he sounds like just the right sort of guy who might have one! I'm struggling with my restoration as I'm in need of parts which are seemingly impossible to find. Here's hoping...

Thanks,
Steve

I'll do that Steve.

Offline steve

• Full Bridgestone Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 04:44:05 PM »
Thanks Bikenstein...appreciate that! Wouldn't want you to go to any trouble...not that it sounds like the easiest place to do  deal anyway! Hope you find something you are looking for.

Cheers,
Steve

Offline steve

• Full Bridgestone Member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Other-1965-KAWASAKI-AIRCRAFT-B8-125-/271156028281?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3f2228a379

Bristol this weekend Steve?

Z

Unfortunately, can't make it this weekend Lee...assume you are showing a bike on the T&B VJMC stand? If so, good luck and have a good time.

Steve

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »
Good news though, after houndin" him every week, he's invited me to go with him this weekend!

Well?   
Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

Bikenstein

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
No show today. No communication. Nothin'.........................Maybe tomorrow. >:(

reed

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 08:22:11 PM »
David,
Did you see any Suzuki Trail bikes!!
Thanks.
Steve. 

Bikenstein

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 12:49:55 PM »
Steve, I regret to say that I saw nothing. My friend didn't call to set things up and I didn't attempt to reach him after textin him Saturday with no response. There could be a good reason why he hasn't called or he may just need more time to think of one. C'est la vie ;D

Bikenstein

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
Finally got a call from Clint and we visited the "honey hole". No GTR, and Steve, I didn't see a B8. If you care to read about it, this is how it went. We rode down a driveway for a couple of hundred yards and finally came upon an area that had a house and barns that were barely visible and Clint blew the horn a couple of times. We then proceeded another 100 yards down a winding "trail" and then back toward the abandoned lookin house. There were hundreds of bikes and parts among this forest of trees, briar patches and hickory bushes. Half of the stuff is rusted beyond use. There were bikes with bushes growin up in them. Bikes that were propped against trees with the tree trunks grown around them and bikes packed side by side in an almost unrecognizable configuration because of the thorns and bushes growing among them. It turns out that I know the guy and used to work with him. He also has an old building on a main street in town full of vintage bikes and stuff. I just never visited his property. He used to run a repair shop in his building but was never there. I've only managed to catch him there 5 times in the last 15 years! The guy has always seemed peculiar. Once a man needed a cylinder head for his bike, a Triumph I believe. The man tried to talk him down on the price and instead of negotiating he dropped the head on the floor and smashed it with a hammer. Said he would just scrap it if he couldn't get his price. Anyway, back to the honey hole, Clint and I looked around a bit while this guy went back to his house to get an old Colt pistol to show us. It would take at least 3 days or maybe more to check everything out. I spotted the 305 Honda Superhawk. Suprisingly it looked pretty fair with the chrome tank panels shining. Too far away to really tell. I found a Harley Sprint, the 125 Moto Guzzi (which is really a 4 stroke) and a Puch 250 "Twingle". I could recognize a couple of small Bridgestones only by the carb covers. There was what appeared to be a recent grave dug back there with an iron pipe for a marker and Clint said he hoped it wasn't somebody that made him mad. He returned with the gun and we talked guns for awhile. He followed us around tellin us how he traveled around the south buyin all these bikes. We spent the next three hours cutting two bikes out of trees growing up in them. One we left because it's top triple tree was imbedded a third of the way into a tree trunk. Clint is supposed to come back with a chain saw. We were worn out by the time we got 3 bikes in the trailer and he was ready for us to go. He even initiated the walk to the cab of the truck and held the door open while he bid us farewell with an invitation to return and then closed the door. I know there are many highly collectable bikes out there rotting away but where I want to go is the shop building where he first stored his bikes before the overflow made it necessary to put all the others in this what used to be a field with a few trees. It was still a very interesting trip and I enjoyed searchin thru this place as every square foot is loaded with bikes and parts from the sixties and seventies. I look forward to goin there again. Even though rust is abundant, there is still a fortune of nice parts and restorable bikes on this property and it was cool just to be able to see somethin like this. He did inform me that someone had bought the bigger Bridgestones years back but he did have some small ones left.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:03:11 PM by Bikenstein »

Gallery

Views:2512
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:3626
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:3953
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:3961