Author Topic: Blendzall oil?  (Read 18368 times)

Dave K

• Trade Count: (0)
Blendzall oil?
« on: June 24, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »
I just came from my Yamaha dealer that "used" to stock things. He is all out of Yamaha Lube 2S, but of course will have it in, in 2 weeks. Well I went there, because I wanted oil! Anyhow, he says to use the stuff called Blendzall Gold Label. Personally, I have never heard of it before. I bought it, wish I hadn't, but here it is. Is this stuff ok to run through my 175 DT oil injection? I think he sold me what he had and no what I needed. What do you think? I had not been to this dealer in awhile. It was a Honda, Suzuke, Yamaha dealership. Now, just Yamaha. I maybe wrong, but in this economy, I think the hand writing is on the wall for this dealer and probably many others.

But, what do you guys think of this Blendzall Gold Label in my 175 with oil injection ?

Offline Richard Clark BS parts

• Administrator
    • Bridgestone Motorcycle Discussion Board
Re: Blendzall oil?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
Dave

To my limited knowledge of Blendzall Gold Label oils, which I learned from racing at Baja.

I thought Blendzall Gold Label products were made for premix, not oil injection, but I may be wrong.

Which exact product did you purchase?  Send us the complete name off bottle and I will try to
look it up.

In the mean time, check out our oil message section linked below:

http://bridgestonemotorcycleparts.com/index.php?topic=216.0

Questions? or need Bridgestone parts? call:

Richard Clark
812-944-1643  8am-6pm EST Weekdays

Richard  Clark, Owner and provider of this site
BRIDGESTONE MOTORCYCLE PARTS
New Albany IN

BS Shopping Cart- With just a few of my BS parts

https://6x6parts.com/bridgestone_motorcycle_parts/

Thanks
Richard Clark

bsparts@aye.net

Dave K

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:09:18 PM »
Thanks Richard, I had checked the oil talked about on this site and then there I stood at the dealership. Looking for the oil I had been using and when that wasn't available, I was looking for the oil recommended here.
None of those lubes were available at this store either.

I looked again at this bottle and they gave me the wrong stuff. It is an octane booster.  :-[ Good thing I looked it over before putting it in the tank. I wished I would have looked at it better while at the dealership! Regardless, I am going to get some proper oil and probably use the Yamaha Lube S2 I have been using. I just need to go to a different dealership. This economy is really giving these poor dealerships a rough rode to hoe. You can see when you look over their inventory. It is bare bones.

Widowville Customs

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 11:25:23 AM »
Dave,
I just read your post. I am a blendzall dealer and will not put anything else in my motorcycles. The power booster or "gold label" is made so that in a pre-mix application the fuel won't separate from the oil in low temperatures. Not a money savor recommendation, but it does increase power. Yet still leaves you without oil.

Info on castors
Blendzall is a castor oil or veggie oil haha. It is very unstable and this is the best part. With it being unstable the oil can reach temperatures far beyond petroleum oils, which is perfect for extreme conditions or air cooled engines. Castor oil has a flash point of like 375 degrees but will not burn/ boil until 700 plus. When castors reach the flash point it creates a film on the cylinder walls and everywhere else unlike petroleum oils that will scorch and boil at these low temps. When the castor reaches the flash point it films but doubles its lubricity freeing up more friction and allowing it to run cooler where petroleum looses lubricity. 

With a castor such as blendzall you can run you motorcycle leaner and still keep the piston cool. I run my harley at redline and very lean for 50mi every week trying to keep up with sport bikes haha. If I weren't running a castor my air cooled Harley would be a pretty object sitting on the side of the road in 20mi.

Looking at my blendzall products here. If you wanna run you a blendzall castor. The best oil for that bike is the Blendzall 470 Racing MB II. It is a injections or pre-mix and works very well in my 1981 yamaha smowmobile which is oil injected!!

I hope you find what you're looking for!!

Johnathan
Widowville Customs LLC

drtracr

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »
Green label is what you want, not Gold.

Gallery

Views:321
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1454