Author Topic: 350 Headlight Shell on Ebay  (Read 3755 times)

Bikenstein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:56:16 PM by Bikenstein »

ziggy stardust

Re: 350 Headlight Shell on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 04:12:48 AM »
I scroll U.S. eBay every day for GTR parts and never came across these items?

Now that Bikenstein has posted a link to the sold parts I can see he has other GTR parts for sale, so I tried to bid on a part but he's blocked bidding from outside of the U.S., as a restorer I come across this often from the U.S., it's frustrating as most my parts for what ever bike I'm restoring come from across the pond. I've bought and sold parts worldwide with no problem whatsoever.

So why do the U.S. seller's do this? Have they had a bad selling experience from Outer Mongolia or is it simply another case of xenophobia?

Z

Bikenstein

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 08:37:36 AM »
I don't know why there is a block. I would have posted the items sooner but I was bidding on them and figured the competition would put me out. :) I'm suprised they didn't get more bids. Especially a headlight shell ??? The cylinders looked good too as far as the photos.

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »
Back last Oct./Nov. I was selling some Datsun 240Z NOS parts via Craigslist and various car sites. The first person to contact me was a guy in Canada. No problem I thought, his money was as good as anybody else's.

First, he wanted to know the number of boxes, weight and size of each so he could estimate shipping cost. Well with 2-300 lbs. of this stuff and all different sizes, this was no easy task, but I would have had to do that as well for someone here in the States, so I got it done and reported the info back to him.

Next, he then wanted me to research and find the cheapest shipper. Again, no problem.

Then he tells me Canadian Customs requires each box has to be itemized and that I had to contact them and get everything arranged.

That's when I hit the brakes! Everything was already boxed up and ready to go and I wasn't about to unpack it all to itemize each box and then repack everything. It seemed this fellow didn't want to lift a finger to help get this stuff to him, so I told him thanks but no thanks and sold the parts to a guy in Calif. that did everything! Even emailed me the labels to print out and had the shipper pick everything up at my front door.

Even though this one “bad” experience wouldn’t stop me from selling to other countries, I would surmise that the folks blocking overseas bidders have either had problems like this in the past or have heard horror stories from others and figure it’s just easier to sell “local”.
Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

ziggy stardust

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 06:42:14 AM »
I tried to contact the seller of these GTR parts through eBay this morning to ask if he would remove the block, guess what? He's even blocked answering questions. How sad is this person?

Z

Offline william anderson

• Full Bridgestone Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 10:46:08 PM »
hi   have you thought about having someone from the states bid on the parts for you an then have them send parts to you after they recive them , it would probably cost you extra for the double  shipping , but at least you would get the parts you need , thanks 72 taka
william anderson

Gallery

Views:220
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1362
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:1690
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:1757