Forum > 175 & 200 Talk

Fasteners part number to description table

(1/2) > >>

dcX:
Hi All,
Please can someone tell me the thread pitch for part # 09029-101, DT 175 crankshaft nut LH M14. I have lost 1 in the time between sending the crank for refurb & (now) rebuild. (Actually its someway safe just a little too safe for my liking :()

Also (I believe not 100% sure) there's a table on this forum which converts fastener part numbers to the respective fastener description, if you can signpost me in the right direction?

Many thanks
Dave

Steve Reed:
Dave.
Over the weekend i wiil ckeck the pitch for you on that crankshaft nut. but honestly i would get a one from Richard.
Thanks.
Steve.

czmike:

Hi Dave,

Just checked my HS175 crank, which is on it's way back into the engine, and the thread pitch is M14 x 1.25mm Left Hand.

Metric threads are easy to check with a caliper or even a rule for the larger sizes.
The pitch is simply the measured distance between the adjacent peaks or troughs of the thread.

Hope your crank has low run-out after the rebuild!

Best Regards,
Mike Munday,
Australia

dcX:
Thanks Mike,
I'm getting there; I've got a couple of clutch / carb cover bolts missing, whilst these are M6 they 0.9 pitch (special by ISO reckoning) I've  measured the shank length of some I have & how far they project through the respective outer casing so I have an engagement length. This 'engagement length' ranges between 6 & 10 mm so I'll apply the same (+6 to +10) for those I'm missing & get them on ordered.

Regards
Dave     

moonpup:
This old thread may be of some help....

https://bridgestonemotorcycleparts.com/index.php?topic=4020.msg22696#msg22696

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version