Forum > 175 & 200 Talk

silicon replacement of original rectifier on 200RS

(1/7) > >>

johnrkeele:
I did a preliminary first start on the 200RS I'm bringing back to life. The rpms were high enough that I necessarily keyed on-off for the few seconds I ran it...until I noticed sparks occuring between the rectifier plates, and so then shut it down. I checked for the wiring connections being done correctly, then started again, and same high rpm and sparks happening between rectifier plates. I think I know what I need to do to get the engine speed under control.
Question...what silicon replacement rectifier are people using to replace the original 'three-phase bridge all-wave (system) rectifier' currently on the bike? Thanks, John K.

BRT-GTR:
    You can use virtually any 3 phase, 5 wire rectifier but be aware of the size of the unit. Some are massive. I've sucessfully used these in the past on the 350 which used similar rectifier.
  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261313978134?hash=item3cd786df16:g:HroAAOxyGqZSX3NG&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwPrwwtBo03dn9CvUQNT7f%2Bj7p%2Fbzk1ymS%2F7wbtVDuR3NlOPIkz4%2BLaLyw7KQgUrO4lRVHEXjYKSTYzjW5592aNIe7uuG5WL%2F4r4Gn5nYGyxjyfFUvv3uonfMxTIMOrMqotdnb46lDzwgD5%2BNS%2BeNKdd1TbgcK7LEg8VujHZEy%2BwgObRyIZv%2BWEuu1bkRmW6MaB6UuYEPej6clHMOudoJ1vBt19ShMMZfe2Iz6qQdZxKGuzh1k28Fc6vd%2FSHpAqnxsQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8TzlPOFYg

3 yellow wires from the alternator, +ve to battery, -ve to frame earth. I did have to attach a small heat sink.  It works fine.

johnrkeele:
Thanks, BRT-GTR.  The rectifier you link to is the same one/source that I had put on my 'watch list' last night...and it makes me more confident on where I'm headed on it.

Now, topic shift, but same bike:  I can't seem to find replacement carb bowl gaskets to buy. The one's I've made are showing seepage right away around the screw holes.
Looking for a source for carb float bowl gaskets.

Thanks,
John K.

Jeff Bar:
I bet Richard has those gaskets.  Jeff Bar

johnrkeele:
I've not received any response from Richard when I've emailed him, as instructed, for these gaskets, and previously for other parts. This has been the case
 the several times I've tried to order parts from him.
John K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version