Author Topic: Sleeping?  (Read 1921 times)

Offline Mike Anderson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
Sleeping?
« on: March 07, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »
Are all members sleeping or just taking a long winters nap?

Offline Jeff Bar

• Expert Registered Bridgestone Member
Re: Sleeping?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 09:47:49 AM »
Mike Yes it a shame we all have this wonderful website given to us for free and no one even bothers to post
makes me wonder when Richard just shuts it down.  :(.  Jeff Bar

Offline AlanJohn

• Full Bridgestone Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 11:01:41 AM »
l was going to ask the same question l didn't even  get one reply to my last post so l just asumed that it was a stupid thing to ask although l still don't know the answer perhaps someone would be kind enough to let me know it was is there a left and right side to the chrome air to carb tubes on the hurricane scranbler  ones circular ones more oval there must be a reason and it's not just this bike l've seen them before it would be nice to know.

Offline Jeff Bar

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 12:10:29 PM »
Sorry I do not know the answer, I do see the street versions of the 175-200 and scrambler versions have different part numbers, could you have one of each? Jeff Bar

Offline srpackrat49

Re: 350 GTO for sale !!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 01:32:47 PM »
Well i had a bad heart atacke and it mit be time to sell her off.... 1970 crome and gold GTO.... i have about 7K in her.... just hit the key and go...  hit me up!!!

Offline AlanJohn

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 01:59:33 AM »
Pictures please

Offline RayK

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 12:15:16 AM »
Mike, I posted recently with no response.
Ray from Australia
BS 175DT, BS 50 Sport x 1, BS 90 Mountain x 3, BS 90 Deluxe, BS 90 Sport x1, BS 60 Sport, BS 90 Trail, BS100 Sport.

Offline OldSwartout

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 03:01:24 PM »
This forum has been around long enough that most of the questions people have, have been answered pretty satisfactorily, and people can find answers without logging in as members. Even if you are a member, if you're looking something up in posts, you can find it without logging in. 

If you check the current users online list, there are only a few members listed, but many guests.  I just checked now, only two members, but 85 guests.  Nearly all the guests are viewing various threads.  Based on IP addresses, only 3 or 4 are probably bots or scammers trying to get membership. Some of the others may be bots scanning for personal information in posts (they can't see profiles).
Karl Swartout
Mooresville, IN
BS175 Roadracer. BS200RS, BS350 GTR

Offline rwgibbon

• Trade Count: (2)
  • 1968 BS 350 GTR
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 08:26:31 PM »
If you go to the facebook Bridgestone Group you will see more activity. But I prefer this site.

As a member of both I always recommend members of the facebook group to refer this site.
This site has more available data and more in depth knowledge about Bridgestone Motorcycles.
Also, I have noticed the members of this site have a great deal more knowledge of repairing and
restoring Bridgestone's.

I appreciate Richard keeping this site up and running and all its knowledgeable members.

Now that warmer weather is beginning here in the northeast I will be in the garage and posting
more pictures of the restoration progress of the 1966 BS 60 Sport that has been waiting on the bench.

Think spring and motorcycle weather.

Randy

Offline OldSwartout

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 09:46:40 AM »
If you go to the facebook Bridgestone Group you will see more activity. But I prefer this site.
Randy

I prefer this site, too.  FB is a very poor way to be able to find previous posts and knowledge.
Karl Swartout
Mooresville, IN
BS175 Roadracer. BS200RS, BS350 GTR

Offline Jeff McBrayer

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 09:57:48 AM »
Richard:  You have given us a superior site, one of the best in the M/C world. 
Great Classifieds and Downloads section and like Karl said  great way to "find previous posts and knowledge."
Easy to use, and what seems to be very important to many people its all free.  Not to mention
no crap coming to ones email and no POP-UPS.  FB gives you all that.

It is a shame those who will not use this site, as it is the future of BS cycles.  Really all that is on the FB site is
scans of sales material and honestly not much more.  But wait they keep your email and buying profiles to
us you for their marketing...... popcorn

Richard Please do not get tired of all the work and money you have spent setting up and keeping this site going.

Thank you  Jeff McBrayer
Great BS site

Offline davis

• Desire for a better world.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 03:56:48 PM »
Checked on this site for information regarding the difference between the 175 and 350 speedo drives with no related response. I contacted the "Yahoos" and got the information off a free 175 brake panel given to me by Jim Innes, who lives about 20 miles up the road!

For the record:
175 nylon gear has no. TA1 while the 350's no. is NA1. The 175's worm gear is 10mm dia. while the 350's is 9.25mm. These sets are interchangeble. Now I'm ready to build my 18" Akront alloy rim assemblies for my rider with Bridgstone Battlax treads.

Offline Jeff McBrayer

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 05:17:13 PM »
Sounds like you are ready for this site to be shut down and just use Yahoo.  Happy that you got your free parts   Jeff McBrayer
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 05:42:07 PM by Jeff McBrayer »
Great BS site

Offline davis

• Desire for a better world.
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 08:06:58 AM »
Just wanted to share my success, my interest in my build, and useful information with the guys on this site. Mostly, nice to find a Bridgestone buddy so close who - refreshingly - gave me a part.

I offered Jim access to my shop to rebuild one of his DT175's and/or rebuilding a set of carbs for him in response to his generosity. Nice guy.

- Bob

Offline dcr

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 11:15:42 AM »
Sounds like you are ready for this site to be shut down and just use Yahoo.  Happy that you got your free parts   Jeff McBrayer

Nice post Jeff. Especially on the thread about a lack of posting and activity on the site. (two thumbs up emoji goes right here)

Dan
1966 175 DT and 1968 350 GTR

Offline Bridgestone Man

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 11:21:14 AM »
I agree: Nice post Jeff:   I am so happy to have this site for all. Sam Keys

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard:  You have given us a superior site, one of the best in the M/C world. 
Great Classifieds and Downloads section and like Karl said  great way to "find previous posts and knowledge."
Easy to use, and what seems to be very important to many people its all free.  Not to mention
no crap coming to ones email and no POP-UPS.  FB gives you all that.

It is a shame those who will not use this site, as it is the future of BS cycles.  Really all that is on the FB site is
scans of sales material and honestly not much more.  But wait they keep your email and buying profiles to
us you for their marketing...... popcorn

Richard Please do not get tired of all the work and money you have spent setting up and keeping this site going.

Thank you  Jeff McBr

Offline Old BS Guy

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 02:49:50 AM »
Hi Mike. Been a while since we last talked, and even longer since I've been on the site, so I'm one of the guilty ones. I agree with everything said here. Like most, my life ebbs & flows through various activities. If you're not immersed in a build, it's easy to slip away and not use the site. Today, I fell into a deal for a survivor '67 350 GTR that runs and drives. Couldn't be happier to have a reason to rekindle my relationships here. God, I miss Graham. He was such a big part of this. Thanks to you, Mike for kick starting some discussion. A special thanks to Richard. None of this would exist in this form without his passion. Hope to be talking to you and Moon Pup real soon. Keep the faith

...................Kerry P.
'65 BS Homer 50, '69 Mk II RS, '67 GTR, '70 GTO, '75 Taka 100, '69 Mk II SS.

Gallery

Views:220
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1362
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:1690
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:1757
Comments (0)