Author Topic: THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS BRIDGESTONE SITE.  (Read 5566 times)

reed

• Trade Count: (0)
THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS BRIDGESTONE SITE.
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:56:33 AM »
The good things about this Bridgestone site.
At the end of last year one member picked up a motorcycle for me and derived the motorcycle to another member.
And he stored the motorcycle for a good six Months until i got it picked up would not take any money for looking
After my motorcycle, that's what this site is all about and all the help we give to all the members i had no idea
When i joined this site it would be like this, i have made a lot of friends along the way so i just want to say
Thank you Richard for this Great site, with out this site i would not have met you, or the other members.
On a side note i coach soccer so have not been on the site lately but i have four more games and my Spring
Season is over and i will be working on a Kawasaki h2 750 Kawasaki Z1RTC 2 H1 and a Z1 900 plus Bridgestones.
Thanks.
Steve.
PS the Z1RTC Kawasaki 1000 is a turbo this will be fun.
There will be be pictures.  :)

Offline william anderson

• Full Bridgestone Member
Re: THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS BRIDGESTONE SITE.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 10:46:57 AM »
hi steve , whe i was  a kawasaki dealer i  had one of the z1r tc  they are realy a neat bike to ride , ended up changing the stock pistons to a lower compression mtc pistons , was  breaking the lands out between the rins an burning out the back skirts on the pistons ,  put the spider header pipe on it ,  changed the carb for better riding ability  an easier to jet properly , changed boost gage to liquid type so it would be more stable readings , an replaced the head studs with heavy duty , an added a windage tray , i think you will enjoy the zir tc , an  p.s. i think you are very right about this site an the people making it a great site ,  thanks william anderson
william anderson

Colin

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:44:40 PM »
I'm currently restoring a 1967 GTR, the bike came from North Dakota to me in Scotland via a friend who imports bikes,
at this point I have nearly completed the restoration and it would have been impossible without Ray at Red Imports, Richard on here and a few of you regulars who have sold me unobtanium parts along with ziggy who has given me great advice at every hurdle, I'm hoping to show the bike at the Scottish Motorcycle show in August , I need to contact my local branch of the vintage japanese motorcycle club to realise this but it should not be a problem I think because I'am a member, failing that I will list it as a private bike, photos to follow and keep up the good work guys.
Colin.

reed

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 09:46:24 PM »
Pictures of the Kawasaki Z1RTC and the Kawasaki H2 750 just got them in to get running etc.
Thanks.
Steve.

reed

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 09:48:01 PM »
Kawasaki 750 H2.
Thanks.
Steve.

Offline old smokey

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 09:56:46 PM »
hey Reed, that H2 looks like fun.
I dropped my Ducati off at a local shop for maintenance last Friday. He has an H2 in for finishing. Shop owner says a lot of his work is finishing cafe racers that were started in someone's garage. There was no body work on it, but the mechanicals of it looked nice.
'67 350 GTR undergoing repairs with a '75 Yamaha TX500 front end

Offline slawsonb

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
Mr. Reed's charges make me nostaglic as I have owned both a Z1 and an H2. Very different bikes, but both will keep your attention.
 ;D
...bert

Colin

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »
That's the rarer of the Z1RTC's because it's painted in the silver blue original colour, the black painted turbo was the one that sold the most.
Around 500 were made. First models (all were 78?s) were blue/silver with log pipe. ATP then switched to a spider pipe which was more responsive. The Z1R TCs that did not sell in 78 were sent to Molly Graphics’ (also designed the buick Grand National logos) to be repainted in black with red,orange, yellow strip and sold as 79s. ATP did sell kits. None were modified after 79 because of emission did not allow changes to the exhaust and to be sold by dealers.
Other facts:
Blue models had “tc” emblems added on the side covers under the kz1000 Z1R emblems.
There was 2 style of guages through the 500 bikes, all had ATP on the gauges.
They had a fuel pump as they would run out of fuel when gravity feed.
Many came with an alarm system.
They had an ATP sticker on the frame neck.
http://www.odd-bike.com/2012/12/kawasaki-z1r-tc-psycho-turbo-z.html
Thought you might like this stuff, I already researched it all because I know a guy selling a silver/blue bike and I'm wobbling on making him an offer.
Colin.

reed

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 07:24:20 AM »
Colin,
I have new emblems for this Kawasaki with TC on etc and i saw a alarm system on the motorcycle i will take some more pictures .
Thanks.
Steve.

Gallery

Views:5025
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:6221
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:6553
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson