Author Topic: Good people out there.  (Read 3690 times)

Sno Jet

• Trade Count: (0)
Good people out there.
« on: September 29, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
I just bought a rare, nos rear fender for a 1975 Suzuki TM75 from "Joe" in California.  It arrived today and to my surprise, I see that he threw in a nos front fender also!

He charged a fair price and shipped for actual cost.  It was a very nice thing to do and I thought I would share the story with those of you who have lost faith in mankind!

I get nervous when I send money across the nation to strangers, but in this case it worked out. :D

Offline RayK

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
Re: Good people out there.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 05:18:24 PM »
Sno Jet
I'm glad to hear about your good experience recently.  With one exception I have found people associated with Bridgestones to be good to deal with.  In April this year I won the bid on a NOS BS90 Crank assembly on Ebay.  The chap 'Bridgestone Dave'  seemed amiable to deal with however the package never arrived and when I went to contact him through Ebay 1 month later he had been removed from Ebay.  So I phoned him from Oz and he promised to send another or refund my money. Guess what; NOTHING!  I then sent him a letter giving him all my contact details and guess what NOTHING again.  All I can say is Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware).

If you need parts you can rely on Richard Clark.

Ray
BS 175DT, BS 50 Sport x 1, BS 90 Mountain x 3, BS 90 Deluxe, BS 90 Sport x1, BS 60 Sport, BS 90 Trail, BS100 Sport.

Sno Jet

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »
Hi RayK, sorry to hear about your misfortune.  I got a few things myself from him on Ebay a long time ago but with different results.  They showed up.

I really am surprised he did not refund you or work with you more.  I bet it was one of those cases where it was lost in the mail. 

I am always weary of International shipping/sales although I hear that it works out more often than not.

I have had a few bad non-Bridgestone experiences myself on Ebay.  Usually involves the seller hiding some damage and then playing off as if it happened in the mail.  "Oh" send it back is the response but they want you to pay for the shipping.  Ouch, that does not feel good.  You can usually tell when you have been taken for a ride.

Offline coxy

• coxy
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:09:06 AM »
sending money over seas is always a gamble.  in general people who deal and are interested in the same thing are usually very good .take for instance the purchase of my gtr from Kevin i was so nervous about parting with a lot of cash not just including the bike but also the importers at first but. my anxiety's were soon put to rest as Kevin is a good honest bloke  he answered all my stupid questions (must of thought i was a complete dickhead). it was the biggest gamble i have ever done and it paid off cheers. (sorry about the name dropping ) also dealing with Richard and others has been great including the triumph yam bsa suzuki kawasaki  people over the years .and there is a certain fellow from the cooma area that has been giving me a fair bit of parts and the manuals (.my shout!) all in all there are some great people out there lots in fact .cheers.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:02:06 PM by coxy »

Offline Jeff Bar

• Expert Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »
Since we are talking about people and stones, i used to purchase some parts off ebay, from swapmeet. there was no problem as long as there was no problem.  I would pay and he would send parts.  but once he sent me parts that were damaged and rusty,  his response was (thats the way they are)  i wanted to return them, he would not reply to my messages. I got his number and called him,  he brushed me off.  He was a real$ %#^$*.  I did get my money back from paypal.    I will not buy anything from him again.  Jeff

scrambler

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
Never thought you were a "complete" dickhead, maybe a "partial".  ;D

By the way I shipped a brake light switch along with your oil sight gauge today. Hopefully you still needed it.

sending money over seas is always a gamble.  in general people who deal and are interested in the same thing are usually very good .take for instance the purchase of my gtr from Kevin i was so nervous about parting with a lot of cash not just including the bike but also the importers at first but. my anxiety's were soon put to rest as Kevin is a good honest bloke  he answered all my stupid questions (must of thought i was a complete dickhead). it was the biggest gamble i have ever done and it paid off cheers. (sorry about the name dropping ) also dealing with Richard and others has been great including the triumph yam bsa suzuki kawasaki  people over the years .and there is a certain fellow from the cooma area that has been giving me a fair bit of parts and the manuals (.my shout!) all in all there are some great people out there lots in fact .cheers.

Offline coxy

• coxy
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 02:51:15 PM »
good one. i was just about to send you a email ray k gave me a stop switch but the more the merrier cheers. i need to get the trust washer or the dimensions for the one that sits behind the clutch i will look up the part# i put the motor back together without checking the parts i had with the parts book i had a feeling something was not right the last person who pulled it down didn't replace it now i have to tear it down again lucky i didn't put the motor back in yet  .

Offline bsracer

• Expert Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 02:46:41 AM »
If it is "Suzuki Joe" he's a great guy!

paul

Gallery

Views:3886
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:5068