Author Topic: WHATS YOUR NEXT RESTORATION  (Read 5424 times)

reed

• Trade Count: (0)
WHATS YOUR NEXT RESTORATION
« on: September 06, 2010, 10:38:40 PM »
WHATS YOUR NEXT RESTORATION.
Winter is upon us. It's time to fire up the wood stove and drink some hot tea (well I drink hot tea every day... it's a British thing)!
So you are in the workshop, whats your next restoration? If it's a Bridgestone get your part order in early to Richard or do the E- bay
thing. Keep the club up to date with your story about your next restoration... send pictures! In my opinion the fun begins
in the winter when you are working on your Bridgestone. Get it ready for spring so you can ride it on your favorite
road. Lets get more Bridgestones on the road!
Thanks.
Reed.

Puchman66

Re: WHATS YOUR NEXT RESTORATION
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:15:10 AM »
I MUST finish the Sears 250 (Puch) for my wife that started at the beginning of the year.  All of the big ticket items are done such as  re-chroming, new hardware, aluminum polishing, etc.  I finished all of the bodywork and the wife picked out a color (a nice looking dark cherry metallic but naturally she picked a three stage paint...ugh).  I just have to paint and re- assemble but that is a bigger chore than it sounds.  I love these bike buth they have about 50% more parts than your average Italian motorcycle.  They are nice looking and built like tanks but not high performance.

Next is a nice 66 Moto Guzzi Lodola.  You don't see those everyday.  I finally rounded up all the correct pieces, some of which had to come from Italy.  This is a neat bike and I'm really looking forward to getting this one on the road.  And soooo much simpler than the Puchs.

I also have a Duna Sidecar which I hope to attach to my show bike (another 66 Puch)

Realistically the project of the winter will likely be the new house.  The wife (CINC House as one member put it.  He must be a Navy guy like me) and I are moving into a new construction house in mid October.  I'm really looking forward to having a real garage again but it takes a lot of time and money to get your shop set up the way you like it.  I'll have to set up 220, add lights in the garage, install a lift, run air pipes from the compressor, install shelving and cabinets.  Re-arrange and re-arrange until it all feels right.  I'm sure you all know how it goes.

It will take a LOT of Earl Grey but I'll get there.

Todd (Puchman)

reed

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 11:35:03 AM »
Puchman 66
I have some moto Guzzi books you can have i will send them back with the carbs.
Thanks.
Reed.

Puchman66

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 01:46:05 PM »
You're awesome.  Thanks Reed.
Todd

Dave K

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 06:41:32 PM »
Strangely, I have wood boat fever. I am hard at trying to find a Wolverine/Wagemaker. There is one with my name on it somewhere. ;D

reed

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:26:32 PM »
Dave k
I would like to see a picture of the boat  you know i live on a lake
And my wife's family has a sail boat marina!
Thanks.
Reed.

Dave K

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »
Still looking for a worthy boat. Lots of junk, lots of over priced boats that aren't selling. The right boat is out there, somewhere. Amazing how many people post ads, but never respond to ph. calls and/or emails. I have been around boats my whole life. Dad built and still owns a Lightning 8441 sailboat, that he built in 1962. It is still like new. Of course over the years, it has had some redo's. Dad also has been redoing a '60 Lyman 16' this past summer with V4 65hp Evinrude but soon to be powered by 3cyl. 65hp Evinrude. It "may" be ready for the water this year yet. I have been collecting old outboards for years. I have a '60,14' Starcraft that I run some of these motors on, but I lust for a '57, 35hp Johnson or Evinrude. I have owned/sailed or crewed on Lightning, Sunfish, Snipe, Windmill, Interlake, Catalina 22, Butterfly, Flying Dutchman..............I forget them all.

rocketman

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 10:56:32 AM »
 Hi, Dave. What strikes me here is your comment re: lack of response from sellers. I've tried to email several "local" advertisers of bikes for sale on C-list and Ebay lately with zero response from the Lister's. I provide them with my local ph.no. or email...nothing. When I list items for sale,its because I want to sell them! The sellers (Ebay) seem fine with leaving their items to sell at chance. I will not bid or pay without contact or seeing the bike first. When no contact is returned, I'm more than willing to let them take their chances on the market! Good luck in your quest.  Thanks,Mark.

reed

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »
Dave k
What about a flying Scott
Thanks.
Reed.

Dave K

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 03:09:31 PM »
Sailed amongst them many times, but I have never been on one. They are a really good boat. Highlanders were huge in this area back in the '60's and like everything, the owners or sailers of these boats kind of drifted to Flying Scots. Flying Scots seem to be pretty strong around here now. But.like it seems with everything now, sailing doesn't seem to be as active as it once was. I remember thinking it was awesome to hit the starting line with 75+ boats. Now it seems as if it is closer to 7 boats. I noticed the same thing this weekend dirtbiking. It was nothing to see allot of trailers and pickups hauling dirtbikes down the interstate to go play for a long weekend. I can't say I saw any on the interstate. People, at least in the things I like to do, are not doing it like they used to.

BSOrion

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »
Dave K,

Folks are super busy repairing fences, seeding the fields, and feeding the chickens.  They may only be getting out when their internet connection drops.  I have a sister in-law that spends most of her days playing Facebook games like Farmville or whatever it's called.  It's worrisome how much time people (especially kids) spend inside now.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do a restoration this Winter as I don't know where I'll be living or working.  If I get the chance, I'd like to freshen up my BS 200 with paint, tires, etc.

Best of luck to all.  Orion

reed

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:40:22 PM »
Dave k
The Scott is for sale i have gentleman number!
Thanks.
Reed.

reed

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 06:05:50 PM »
Puchman66
I done some carbs for you so you can use your Bridgestone and then i can sort yours out!
Thanks.
Reed.

Puchman66

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 06:23:15 PM »
I'm going to try to get mine off tonight and ship them tomorrow.

Gallery

Views:1020
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:2136
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:2472
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:2532
Comments (0)