Forum > Custom built Bridgestones

Bridgestones at Bonneville; Anyone know of history??

<< < (5/5)

OldSwartout:
It was 2006.  I was racing AHRMA at Miller Motorsports Park, and they arranged a deal for the AHRMA racers to run one day at Bonneville without having to meet the full SCTA tech inspection, just AHRMA tech.

I don't remember the gearing, but I was past 11,000 RPM and didn't want to hold it there for too long, so rolled off the throttle a bit, then rolled it back on just in time to see the 1 mile mark (the official timing point) zip past. OOPS!  A later run had a little wind and I only made 94 MPH.

slawsonb:
Was wondering about the back story. Thanks for sharing, Karl! Pretty cool!
...bert

Old BS Guy:
Well, you DO get around don't you, you devil!. Miller Motorsport Park  was a welcome addition out here in the west. I'm about 5 hours away. Thanks for the info. Very helpful all around.  Not sure that we'll get a full on bike effort together this year due to the demands of getting the new truck ready, but I'll continue to pursue it. Another interesting development this direction is that the Portland Swap Meet in April has dedicated a section in the pavilion for the sale of antique motorcycles. It's definitely one of the best and largest automobile and bike swap meets in the Northwest. I'm thinking about taking my 60 & 90 Sports just to test the water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version