Forum > Serial number ID guide

Serial number ID guide by Graham Weeks

<< < (3/16) > >>

BeerGeek:
My 175 is titled as a 69.  The serial# is 16M24xxx, which should put it in 67.

ridered:
I'm not knocking Graham Weeks VIN ID article but I'm a little confused by it. My VIN tag is 21T01934 can someone give me in their best judgement what year my bike was produced as I'm heading to the titling red tapers and I want to shoot for a title in the correct year. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

old smokey:
Mike, I'd guess your GTR was made in 1967 from how I read his decode. The 21T should be an odd numbered year, and the milestone for 21S was July 1967. Mine is 21S012xx so maybe Aug-Sep 1967?
This guess also matches with the info for the GTR that toystoretom found on ebay in the UK.

disc_valve:
Hi, Folks.

Don't get confused by whether the bike is from the UK, USA or anywhere else. The factory used a continuous serial code sequence, and simply shipped batches to different markets as they came off the production line. In fact, the milestone dates I listed were taken for convenience from my machines or from those owned by friends, but all the bikes came off the same factory production line in Japan.   

Hap:
I am a little confused on the VIN description as well. My tag on the side of the bike reads" 18C001848" meaning the first two digits claim it is a 90 sport oil injection. OK so far, then the "C" designates it as March in an even year?  The bill of sale says the bike is a 1965 so this is not correct? What does the rest mean "001848"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version