Forum > 50, 60, 90 & 100 Talk

BS 50 Find

<< < (3/3)

dcr:
The "old style" forks are not designed to be rebuilt. On page 33 of the BS50 parts manual is an exploded picture of the forks. Item #2 is the inner tube that contains the fluid and seals. It is a sealed unit that can not be disassembled. For $175 you can buy the entire NOS front fork section on eBay - which is what I did when I rebuilt my 50 Sport. Richard may have one that you can buy so certainly email him and see what he has.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-NOS-Bridgestone-50-Motorcycle-Front-Fork-Frontend-Assembly/261410210943?hash=item3cdd43447f:g:opEAAOxywh1TD-Dr

Dan

dcr:
At the bottom of page 63 of the Owners Handbook & Service Manual in blue is the following:

NOTE: The front fork assemblies on the B/S 50 Sport model with serial numbers before 13N are sealed units. For these units the above instructions are not applicable. (Loss of fluid would require replacement of the entire inner tube assembly.)

Both manuals are free downloads on this site.

Dan

Cruzan80:
So since I am 13 R, that means I am safe to drain and refill fluid? Then if it leaks, look at 32 and 40 (o-ring and oil seal) from pg 63? Or are you guys saying that if it leaks, the seals are bad, and replace the entire inner assembly? Guessing it is easier to just buy the whole thing (ebay link) rather than find a particular section of what I am needing (inner assembly)?

Thanks for all the walking through on this guys. I do quite a bit with vintage machinery, and some general car maintenance, but this is getting into a whole new level of expertise. Once I get my garage sorted and re-wired, I will have access again to my metal lathe and mill, so I should be able to remake other small parts I need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version