Author Topic: My Gallery  (Read 7453 times)

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
My Gallery
« on: July 24, 2013, 04:57:36 PM »
Guys,
     New to Forums.  Have posted 3 photos but are appearing in the '350 photo' section. Seem to have set my own gallery but how do I now get them back into 'my gallery'. There doesn't seem to be a suitable 'My Gallery' choice on the drop down menu at the top on the 'My images' screen. More photos to come after I've got my head round this problem. Hope this makes sense.

Regards, Brian.
Unspoiled by progress.
I'm so glad I grew up in the 60s & 70s. I did so much stupid stuff and there's no record of it.............Anywhere !!

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
Re: My Gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
Bikenstein,
 Just read thread re JJantz, you mention a gallery tutorial on the Home Page. Can't find it? I'm getting too old.  Regards, Brian
Unspoiled by progress.
I'm so glad I grew up in the 60s & 70s. I did so much stupid stuff and there's no record of it.............Anywhere !!

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 05:45:28 PM »
Saw your bikes in the gallery Brian and thought for sure I recognized them from somewhere.  ::)

Check out the picture in the last post here.....    http://bridgestonemotorcycleparts.com/index.php?topic=1877.0

Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »
Moonpup,
              I think my first contact with yourself, How Do. Well spotted, YEP thems um or more correctly, those are they. Just had a closer look at the tank with the painted side panels. I believe they are the bikes now sat in my garage in the UK. I know they were imported here by DK Motorcycles in Chesterton , about August 2012. They ship a container load out of Denver maybe once every 2 months and they do seem to bring in as many GTRs as they can because they sell quickly. They will saturate the market here at some stage. Didn't read all the thread but if its any consolation I paid a lot more than the price shown but still reasonable value here in 'Rip Off UK'.

Pity I can't see a bit more of the back bike. The pictures do confirm that my machines have been looted of some of the better or rarer parts before they got to me but I should be able to put together one good runner. It will be a bit of a hybrid datewise.The barrels on what I think is the later engine had been butchered by some cretin with a bigammer in the past (damaged exhaust flange with a very rough repair weld, cracked and bent fins etc) so a previous restorer has replated what I believe to be the earlier pre mod barrels but he wasn't to know.  Thanks for that. Nice to discover a bit more of my bikes histories.

Regards , Brain
Unspoiled by progress.

Bikenstein

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 09:14:56 PM »
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:17:11 PM by Bikenstein »

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
Thanks mate, can see it now - must learn to read menus more carefully.   Brian
Unspoiled by progress.

reed

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »
Brian,
Do you live in Chester, my Sister has a pub there in the town center!!
Thanks.
Steve.
PS i am from Rhyl in north Wales but i live in the States now etc.

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 10:55:29 AM »
Steve, How do,
Yeh, was born and bred in Chester, now live just outside Blackpool. 'Nice up North' but still visit relatives, got a brother-in-law in Abergele which you will no doubt remember. See my last post in Cylinder Stud thread, I am available for adoption by any of you guys in the States. Offers......?
Let me know name of your sisters Pub, will say Hello next time were down there.
Brian.
Unspoiled by progress.

reed

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 05:40:20 PM »
Brian,
The name of the pub is the Queens head in Chester,and you being a motorcycle man a long time ago i worked for Tony's Motorcycles
In Prestatyn N Wales!!
Thanks.
Steve.

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »
Steve.
        Played darts there many a time in teens/early twenties. I will call in and say hello next time I'm in Chester.  Don't personally remember the bike shop but my B-in-L will     Brian
Unspoiled by progress.

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 09:08:54 PM »
Guys,
Finally sussed out how to set up MY Gallery, thanks for help, 6 piccies posted with a few more to come. Bikenstien - 'Brian the Brit' -I like that!!,got a ring to it, might change my title Maybe something for you on my gallery but the postage could kill it. You might already have one.
Unspoiled by progress.

Bikenstein

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »
Hey, check out postage costs when you can, my cylinders are toast. I have an extra right side cover, not ace,  Maybe we can work a trade on some parts if you have spares I need or I have what you need. Glad I could help, you owe me nothin but I do appreciate that. How about postin a pic of the mold you have. Ain't too sure about castin aluminIum though. Cheers

Editors note:
Deleted out portions of the message which had non-family words which are not allowed on this board.  Please do not use those terms (slang) again.  Richard Clark

Sorry about that, I didn't realize the phrase had different meanings when I posted it. Thanks, Dave
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:38:46 AM by Bikenstein »

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 05:20:50 AM »
Bikenstien,
              Thanks, Don't have any mould (that's how we spell it here - properly ;D). Casting only, came with bike, previous owner had it made, by another 'Mate' I guess, probably used existing side cover to make a sand cast. Quite clever really but is bit rough with some imperfections that wouldn't polish out. Seen that done in Aus, casting a piston by digging a hole in the back yard!! :o. Will post some piccies of cover,  I'll put up a wanted parts list when completed, still exploring to see what's missing .

Brian the Brit.
Unspoiled by progress.

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 02:03:17 PM »
Bikenstein, My last post removed as above, don't know if you saw it. I had no intention of doubting your spelling of Mold/mould. I was really highlighting the notion that we are two nations separated by a common language! :D Makes real sense to take out unesccesary letters, like the 'U'. Word sounds the same and I knew what you meant.
Thought for the Day:-
'No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will only ever be Stationery'.
Brian the Brit.
Unspoiled by progress.

Bikenstein

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »

Bikenstein, My last post removed as above, don't know if you saw it. I had no intention of doubting your spelling of Mold/mould. I was really highlighting the notion that we are two nations separated by a common language! :D Makes real sense to take out unesccesary letters, like the 'U'. Word sounds the same and I knew what you meant.
Thought for the Day:-
'No matter how hard you push the envelope, it will only ever be Stationery'.
Brian the Brit.
Hey Brian the Brit, I did read it and I think I made a response.
It was "unesccesary" for you to worry bout hurtin my feelins over the spellin of a word. Over here we spell it unnecessary ;D

Offline BRT-GTR

• Brian
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »
Bikenstein,
               Shot myself in the foot with that one, thought it didn't look right when I typed it but didn't bother checkin, Call it Quits.

Love your sense of humour, Brian the Brit. ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:55:04 PM by BRT-GTR »
Unspoiled by progress.

Gallery

Views:5025
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:6221
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:6553
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:6600
Comments (0)