Forum > 175 & 200 Talk

Tachometer

(1/2) > >>

TangoZulu:
So, who has come up with the most elegant solution for installing an aftermarket electronic tachometer on the 175/200 twins group? By most elegant I mean: it works; looks good; simple to install; reasonably priced and is preferably analog.

jon.watts:
Late to answer this but I'm seeing these now on eBay and would like if anyone can verify if they are an original option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRIDGESTONE-Vintage-RAC-12K-2-Cycle-Motorcycle-Tachometer-Rockford-Motors-175/123299716937?hash=item1cb53c5f49%3Ag%3AW08AAOSwSoVba0lT%3Asc%3AUSPSFirstClass%2195051%21US%21-1&_sacat=0&_nkw=bridgestone+motorcycle&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

BRT-GTR:
         Looks like a nice after market tacho for the 175. Can't see any link or confirmation to Bridgestone or Rockfords on pictures. Date on the side of manufacturers box is 8/78, so too late to be an original fitment.
        Looks chunky on the 175 bars but that is what young riders would have wanted back in the day..........hey, I've got a tacho!!   Looks very period.

jon.watts:
Thanks for answering. I didn’t catch the date on the side, that’s a dead giveaway. And I agree it doesn’t look right but I haven’t seen a real one yet.

Onward!

Jeff McBrayer:
The ebay seller is dead wrong, that is not original BS, its just a cheap aftermarket parts that they were
selling. That company sold those to fit almost any early bike. I had one on a Suzuki, it was crap it read
completely wrong but made you think you were really flying.  banana

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version