Forum > Members: Introduce yourself

new member bridgestone 90

(1/3) > >>

hmk:
hi all I live in Brisbane Australia I just got my first bridgestone 90 when I first saw some pictures of the bridgestone bikes I love the look of them. I wanted a project for my son and myself to do looks like this little bike is it.
I got a few questions if anybody can help
1- I don't know where to get parts from?
2- how do I tell what year it is?
the vin number is 12D058484
this site has a lot of info on it about bridgestones which will help me a lot
i will post some pictures of the progress
thanks all

ian67:
Yes, I still have my Bridgestone. Although I've been considering selling it to fit another bike into the garage. 1. Where to get parts? The internet! 2. There's a list some where in this forum that will tell you the build date based on the numbers you have.

Mike Anderson:
It appears that your bike is a 90 mountain which is a nice model, don't see many of them. Richard the owner of this site should have a lot of the parts you will need. Good luck with the project.
Mike

mqtsteve:
Welcome to the group!  The number is missing a digit should have six.  It's probably April 1966.  Here's a link to the thread with that info: 

http://bridgestonemotorcycleparts.com/index.php?topic=449.msg25903#new

It does look like the Mountain, with a low exhaust.  Most of them have the high pipe.  Good luck with the project!  Ask lots of questions, very good people here willing to help.  Steve

ian67:
Hi Mick, tried to PM but "inbox is full" so message wouldn't send.

I was thinking if I put it on ebay starting at $700 with a buy it now of $900.
It's a runner. The only non original bit is the seat. I've got the rubber side covers for the tank. Plus a few bits and pieces I got from the internet.

I've got the import papers & the original paperwork from when it was bought by Mr John W Slivinski of St Louis Missouiri for US$100.00 on 12Nov1966.
He owned it for 48 years, then, on 08Jan2014 he sold it to The Australian Motorcycle Museum who imported it to Australia and they sold it to me.

there's also a bridgestone group on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/64851584687/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version