Forum > 350 Talk

350 GTR/GTO Wiring Questions

(1/5) > >>

moonpup:
Hey guys, I got one of the vintage wiring connections kit for X-Mass and will be either repairing or replicating the wiring harness on my GTO.

I've already started resourcing some of the other pieces I might need for this project but am having a little difficulty coming up with replacement rubber boots for the battery terminal connections. Does anybody here have a source for these? They don't have to be an exact replica but close would be nice!  ;D

Here's a photo of one off my parts bike......

william anderson:
 hi moonpup , this looks like the same coveras the ones on the older honda an yamaha battery positive cables as well as the starter cables , i may have one out in the garage , i will try to look tomorrow , william anderson 8)

Skinny:
Hey moon pup,
You can get these in various sizes from Aircraft Spruce. They have a very user
friendly web site - find the electrical section.
I have used them on many of my restorations - Japanese and British.

Do you know where to get the small flat rubber covers on the GTR instrument lights ?
Regards,
Skinny

moonpup:
Thanks Skinny, I'll check them out. BTW, the sleeve part that holds the wire is slotted so that the boot can be added or removed with the connection still attached to the wire.

I was also wondering about those flat boots on the speedo/tach and couldn't find them anywhere in the parts manual. I then looked at the NOS speedo/tach I got from Richard and discovered that they come as part of the package when you buy them new. I don't think you can buy them separately.

Update..... I found these at Spruce but they're not quite what I'm looking for. Are there others I'm missing?

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/termnips.php

Skinny:
I usually buy the -15 in black. It seems that they are as close for most purposes as I can find.
I just had a thought - maybe a search in McMaster Carr catalog might turn up something.
Thanks for the info about the instrument light covers. I have been thinking about buying new
meters from Richard anyway.
Skinny

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version