Author Topic: HELP 350 gtr  (Read 3093 times)

asweallburn

• Trade Count: (0)
HELP 350 gtr
« on: July 15, 2010, 10:38:22 PM »
Plz... hellp me...

I was given a 1968 bs350gtr has 7000 origanal miles that was barn kept complete bike came with spare genorator. other than caples being gritty and needing lube, the batery is missing and some are wires unpluged and cut. the clutch came in parts. Im am missing a few parts on the clutch, one of the threds that holds the springs on is snaped off and I am missing one of the spacers and the main bolt and lock nut and and the smaller bolts that hold the springs in. other than that the bike would make a great resoration project wich is exactly ehat i want to. Someone painted all the crome on the gas tank and fenders. there is little to no rust on the bike. Tires are flat they are original. The brakes still work.

On the rite side behind the clutch assembly the next side cover has been removed and RTVed back on i am hopping someone replaced a bad genorator and thats why it has a spair. But i will also be in need of that gasket.

I am 22 and this will be my first restoration project. this will be done on a low budget and will take time on expesive parts. if it takes $5000.00 and 10 years to complete it I dont care . I am learning as I go so any tips hints or profeshinal help would be greatly apreciated.  Also if pics are needed of what issues i have just let me know i will post them asap           

Thanks
                                                                                                                                   John

Dave K

Re: HELP 350 gtr
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 10:55:20 AM »
Having a budget is smart, but do not cheat yourself and the bike out of proper parts and gaskets. That will only make it more expensive in the long run. Richard can help you with any parts. The downloads on this site will guide you to what you need, or at least help you with it.

Offline Mike Anderson

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 12:04:22 PM »
Hi John,
Welcome to the world of Bridgestone. If you are starting down the path of restoring your bike you are on the right site. There are many people here who can assist you with the restoration and Richard can supply most any parts you will need. Steve Reed is an awesome resource for your restoration, he is doing an engine for me currently and the results are very nice. He is a long time motorcycle builder and will gladly help you. Good luck and enjoy your bike. j
Later Mike

asweallburn

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 11:18:20 AM »
 Hey thanks for the welcome I fell like I just joind a whole new family.
    I wanted to know if I could get the email or number of the guy doing your engine. Also what is it costing you and what is the condition of the engine. I want to get a idea of the price so I know how long I have to save money. My engine turns over smoothly and the tranny works fine. I fiqure if I can get the engine done the rest is just tinkering. I sent richard an email about doing the engine but I think he was the wrong one to contact, he is the beholder of all the parts.
 I also wanted to know if I should pull the engine and and remove the heads to see what the condition of the crome plating is. I am not to mechanicly inclined but that is not a huge task.

Thanks again, John

Offline Mike Anderson

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 12:08:13 AM »
Hi.
Steve Reed is doing my engine. You can reach him on this forum. Hopefully you and him can work something out for your engine rebuild, he is quite good at what he does. His shop number is 540-588-0007  email is reedme00@gmail.com 
Good luck '
Later Mike   :)

Gallery

Views:333
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1467
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:1801
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson