Author Topic: My first Bridgestone. A White 350 GTO warehouse find. Will need a lot of HELP!  (Read 6410 times)

gtmike

• Trade Count: (0)
I am a newby to this site so please bare with me. I am a retired motorcycle fanatic. I have been looking for a BS high pipe to go with my 2 Suzuki's, a 1968 TC305 and a 1966 X6 250, both high pipes as well. I found this bike in a 2nd story warehouse in Atlanta. It is a whiite (or was a White) 350 GTO. With just 3000 miles showing on the speedo I could not resist wenching it down from the ceiling and taking it home. Since it has not seen the light of day for some 25 years or so I could use a great deal of help getting it going again. At first glance it missing the right cylinder head and the 2 head pipes. If anyone can help me with at least obtaining some parts then I can get started with this project. Hope it won't be too pricy. Thanks......
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:01:26 PM by gtmike »

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
Welcome gtmike, always nice to have another GTO owner join us here. The cyl. head and pipes shouldn't be too hard to round up. There always seems to be cyl. heads listed on ebay as well as the pipes. If you'd like nos. parts, contact Richard Clark via the big  "Click Here For Parts" link above and I'm sure he'll be able to set you up.

When you get a chance, post as many pic's as you like, we love looking at Bridgestones around here!  ;D

Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

Offline slawsonb

You'll aslo want to check out the Manuals/Articles page for books and other docs about your prize.
I love the picture!...a gift from Heaven!  ;D
...bert

gtmike

Thanks for the welcome. Can wait to get started.

gtmike

Hi bert, thanks for the reply. We almost dropped it out of the ceiling when the rear grab rail gave way. Hope it was worth all the effort.

Offline slawsonb

you are going to love it!...
It'll just take a while...but a fun while...
...bert

reed

Mike,
Welcome to the site, how is my old Suzuki TS 250 doing! i got the TS 250m Suzuki i was looking for.
Going back to the GTO it will be  nice to add it to your collection talk to you soon.
Thanks.
Steve.    

gtmike

Hi Steve, the TS is still waiting for me to get to it but its being stored correctly. Can't wait to get your advise on the GTO.

Thanks.....Mike

reed

Mike,
I will get with you soon, and when you get your parts list together Richard your man!
There is a lot help on this site great people you have come to the right place.
Thanks.
Steve.

Colin

I posted these cylinder heads in a thread a few days back but here they are again in case you have not seen them, fairly cheap too if you can get them for about the listed price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bridgestone-350-cylinder-heads-/281261655199?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417c80449f

Good luck with the GTO.
Colin

reed

I was thinking about what it costs to rebuild a GTO or GTR from the ground up!
With parts and painting and time let me know what you think.
Thanks.
Steve. 

Offline slawsonb

Steve, I don't want to think about it. If I added up all the parts and time I've spent on mine since 1974, I'm sure it would be very scary. Probably a college education if you assume the conversion to 2014 dollars. Yikes!
I think I still have all my reciepts, but really don't want to know. 2 refreshes, 2 engine rebuilds, and now parts, chrome, powder, vapor blasting, cylinder replating, paint, Kotaro pipes, wheel rebuild, and another engine rebuild. Double Yikes!!
I recall a post you did about a value for insurance, so maybe you have added up what you spent on your GTR restoration. Time and sweat are usually undervalued when this kind of cyphering is done, but would be interesting to have an estimate and compare to market value. If this turns out like 60's Chevys, which I have more experience with, this is probably not a profitable pursuit. Just something all us BS nuts love to do.
Mike (gtmike), not trying to dissuade you from doing your GTO as I am sure you will find it a blast (sounds like you've done this drill before), but this is not a cheap date.
Determination and resources required.
 ;D
...bert

Colin

Hi Steve,
I'm in the middle of a total restoration on a 1967 GTR and I started with some major parts missing too, being honest most people would have pulled what there was to pieces and tried to sell the bits that looked reasonable and the rest would have been junk about 60%, however I always wanted a GTR and I like a challenge so I have soldiered on and now have everything I hope and I'm in the middle of assembly, however I'm taking my time and getting it right first time because I hate doing re work.
Now the value, if I remember rightly the bike was about £1200-£1500 it was part of a deal involving other bikes but I reckon that's about what I paid, now I have not been adding it up as I went although I can do at the end because I have kept all the receipts and my estimate right now would be it's cost me over £5000 all in, parts , paint, chrome, powder coat, aqua blasting, polishing, wheel rebuilds, tyres,tubes and many more things, I always thought it would be £6000-£6500 on completion and that is where I'm basing my total outlay to date on, however I may be wildly off target and really hope I have not underestimated the cost so far, lol I daren't check until I'm finished and I will never ever let the missus see the total, might cost me more in a divorce  ;D
Colin.
oh and the time, if I got paid my normal wages per hour for this rebuild then it would be thousands more in time alone

Gallery

Views:221
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1362
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:1691
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:1757
Comments (0)