Author Topic: What Bridgestone Items Have You Had or.....  (Read 38052 times)

ziggy stardust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What Bridgestone Items Have You Had or.....
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 05:52:36 PM »
I'd not noticed the chain guard on eBay Bert so was wondering how I missed it?

If you look at shipping prices the seller states that he won't ship to the U.K. How inconsiderate of him but he's not on his own as I've experienced it many times and I've missed some good items in the past from the U.S. for my restorations.

Sometimes if you contact them they may change the listing as If I remember correctly it stops any U.K. resident from bidding.

Z

Offline william anderson

• Full Bridgestone Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
hi when you see a item that you need an the seller dont ship to the uk , then why not get in touch with one of the members from the states to recive the item an have them ship it to you in the ststes , you will end up paying more for shipping , but you may end up with that one item you realy need , thanks william  anderson
william anderson

Offline slawsonb

• Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 09:54:20 PM »
Sorry, Z and Alan, I did not realize the limitation on UK shipments...
...bert

I'll aslo second William's suggestion that you will find folks here who can help a friend in need...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:57:23 PM by slawsonb »

ziggy stardust

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 04:55:59 AM »
Yes I've thought of asking forum members for help when a seller doesn't ship out of the country but if I took the extreme as an example and there was say a NOS clutch cover plate listed for my GTR at $350 how many members would come forward and say I'll pay for it then you can pay me later including the shipping costs? Now over $400 the good Samaritan takes on the responsibility that the item arrives safely in the U.K., I know it all sounds negative but that's how it is. 

I'd like to think members would help an established known member like myself for low cost items but a couple of years ago when I first started on here and was unknown I think it would have been a challenge.

Certain forum members have helped me with parts and I'm really grateful for that. Another thought is that you accept that you've missed an item but another one will turn up.

Z

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 12:54:32 PM »
There can be any number of reasons why a seller chooses not to offer worldwide shipping and since I’m the seller in this case, please let me explain my situation and why I chose the shipping options I did.

As I’ve mentioned previously in other threads, I am the sole caregiver for a parent with medical conditions that require my constant attention. Leaving the house for anything longer than 15-20 min’s usually means hiring a “sitter” that costs $12 @ hr. and has a 3hr. minimum. (please keep this tid-bit of personal info in mind as I explain further)

eBay offers 2 shipping options that people usually chose, flat rate to all customers or calculated cost based on location. If you want to ship worldwide and still have “fair & reasonable” shipping costs for all, then calculated cost is the way to go but you’ll need to pre-measure your package and determine its weight and enter that information in the appropriate boxes. Since there are absolutely NO scales of any kind in this house and until I order one online, I would have to take the pre-packaged item either to the post office or somewhere else to get it weighed.

So off I go to the post office... but wait, there’s 10 people ahead of me in line. Do I wait? How’s Mom doing? Is she hollering for help and calling 911 because no one is answering her? Should I have paid $36 for the sitter?

Kind of a hassle isn’t it..... hence the flat rate to U.S. only. (and yes, I still have to deal with this scenario once it sells, but the less trips, the better.)

Now, to ward off any future inquiries as to why I didn’t just send “alan86a” a p.m. fret not, I did.  His mail box was full so I checked his profile and got his regular email address and sent off a note letting him know I had one to offer. To this day, I’ve gotten no reply.  So I figure he’s either already found what he needed or just hasn’t gotten around to checking his email yet. It could also be a whole host of other reasons I haven’t thought of. (kinda like why someone might not offer worldwide shipping) Either way, I have other chain guards available should he still need one.

Let’s just get back to finding those needed parts and helping each other out when possible.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:02:32 PM by moonpup »
Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

alan86a

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2014, 04:12:27 PM »
Hi Mike

I've just read your reply on Richards site.
Firstly i only have 1 message in my PM list and this is a couple months old so can't see how it says its full.
I've also checked my email address(alantolliday@yahoo.co.uk) plus spam list and cannot find any reference so maybe the system has failed.
Having said that i only posted the chainguard request on 20th this month.
Right then enough explanation, the chain guard is still definately wanted and so obviously i'm still very much in the market for all the bits i asked for.
I do have a comprehensive wish list of parts, maybe if you have any other bits hanging around i could send you it also, to see if there is a matchup anywhere.
But have i got it right that it is difficult neigh impossible with your carers situation to ship to UK.
I can empathise with your personal situation as i am similarly the same with my wife.
I very much appreciate you taking the time and effort to TRY to contact me and hope to here from you soon.
I've sent a similar PM to you but am not sure if it will arrive.
Kind regards Alan Tolliday.

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »
Hi Alan,

Got your p.m. and just tried to reply but got the same "mailbox full" message. Sent you another regular email ... hope you get it this time.

Mike

Offline Mopar5426

• Expert Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2014, 10:16:46 PM »
Hey Z    I Got6 A Chain Gard Neeeds Recrome   Would Of Sent It With Cover  Didn't Know GENE

ziggy stardust

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2014, 04:08:35 AM »
Gene, you have sent me the cover then? I didn't realize you had sent it, thanks very much.

I'm out of the country on holiday for the next two weeks so it should arrive while I'm away so I settle with you when I'm back.

Z

Colin

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2014, 09:17:23 AM »
Now that's a big slice of luck a chain guard turning up so soon, it is indeed a rare part and up there with undamaged right engine cases so I hope you are on this one Alan.
Colin.

ziggy stardust

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »
Gene, have you checked your email? :)

Lee

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2014, 12:01:58 PM »
grundlegrabber...

He's listed that ad on and off for about a year now. When it was first posted, I too contacted him and I guess because I told him I have a brother in Houston that could pick it up for me, he responded. I low-balled him with an offer of $150 to see how firm he was on his price and that got me nowhere.  :o  Anyway, we left it with me leaving my number and telling him if it didn't sell to give me a shout and maybe we could come up with a number that we were both happy with.

It hasn't sold in almost a year and I've never heard back from him. Good luck, you may be right about him not wanting to mess with shipping.

Edit: His initial price was $500, so over the year he's come down $200.  Let's wait another year and see what happens!  ;D

Looks like he's got it up on ebay now. $600 + $375 shipping. Guy must be a real flake. He's got a lot of negative feedback. I think he's probably going to have it for a long time!

Well, the BS dealer sign is back up on eBay, this time with a $99 starting price and no reserve.  :o  He isn't offering much help on shipping though......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bridgestone-Motorcycle-Sales-Service-Dealership-Tin-Sign-/321449323406?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad7df6b8e#ht_76wt_1362

Redrust

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 08:12:15 PM »
I'll be making a trip down to Houston in September from north Dakota. So if anyone is along the way I can drop it off if they are interested in buying it. Also if anyone knows of some places to find bikes and parts down there I am interested.

grundlegrabber

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2014, 09:17:39 PM »
Oh man. I so want that sign. But guy is like a total flake. Tried contacting him about the damn thing 3 times over the past year. Never received a single response. Finally got it down to a real good price, but no ship? Well, no way I'm driving from PA to TX for it. I'm sure that could be shipped for a hundred bucks without too much effort.

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2014, 11:34:53 PM »
Well..... did you bite the bullet & buy it?  It sold a few days ago for $227. Just wondering if anyone here got it.  ???

Offline husker

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2014, 09:42:39 AM »
Thanks for the tip about this tread Moonpup.
        My GTR is needing the metal plate that the taillight lens screws to that has the light bulb socket on it.
        A good shift lever.
        Mufflers as mine have some pretty good dents that I have yet to try to remove.
        A tool kit would be nice to have for it.
        And Steve it is sad that we can't get Bridgestone tires for our Bridgestones.
        And my right side clutch cover is at a local welding shop.  He is really good with a tig so wait and see how that turns out.
        The inner or driven part of the clutch to go with my new clutch plate set.
                  Thanks    Rod
1968 Bridgestone GTR350,  1971 Kawasaki A7SS, 1983 KZ750 LTD

grundlegrabber

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »
Tried to get the sign but couldn't come up with a reasonable shipping option by the time auction ended. I had contacted the shipper he suggested but took them a week to get back with a quote, which was crazy high anyway. Still looking for that sign.....

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2014, 12:35:35 PM »
Thanks for the tip about this tread Moonpup.... snip...

You're welcome.  ;D

Now that I see your list, I'm unfortunately unable to help you out with any of it. I'd give Gene ( Mopar5426 ) a shout as I'm pretty sure there's a few items he's got. He posted his phone # on the first page of this thread. Good luck!

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2014, 03:23:41 PM »
Inside the cap for the GTO oil tank, there's a plastic washer/baffle to keep the oil from sloshing out. None of the nos caps for sale from the various vendors have these in them.

I need 3 of these. (or good caps with these still in them)  If anyone has any they care to sell, please give me a shout.   Thanks.......

Offline husker

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »
Got this in the mail today. One more item off the list and I have a tail light lens mounting plate in transit. Got a clutch cover without any cracks a few weeks back but has some scratches that need removed and then a good polishing. Patience is definitely needed for this hobby!        Rod
1968 Bridgestone GTR350,  1971 Kawasaki A7SS, 1983 KZ750 LTD

Gallery

Views:176
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1303
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:1640
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:1720