Forum > Members: Introduce yourself

(1/1)

Mikeysduck:
I wanted a motorcycle as long as I can remember. I saved my nickels and dimes. In Feb. 1971 I purchased a used Bridgestone 90 Sport, my first motorcycle. I think I paid $115 for a nice used one. I was 15 1/2 and in love.
I found out later it had been seized. The replacement cylinder was cast iron. My dad  showed me how to service the top end. Shortly after the crank let go. Dad showed me how to split the cases. The second time the crank let go, dad told me I knew what to do, so I did.
I ran the wheels off that little bike, read abused the poor little thing. It spent plenty of time as a dirt bike, and a road burner. After getting my license I would run around with the neighbor kid on his Honda CT90. There was no question the Bridgestone had the motor.
A titled running example showed up locally. The pricing seems reasonable. It would need some love to bring it back to glory. It would not be a show piece, but a reminder of my roots. I don't really have a use for it other than to look at it and feel good. I hate to give up the garage space, but it's so damn cool.
I've kept a bike or bikes ever since the first Bridgestone. I currently have a Honda 50 Z50A, never ride it. Norton 850 project, Harley XR1200, BMW RT, KTM 350 EXC, Suzuki DRZ, Honda CRF150. I guess I have the multiple bike disorder. What a curse!

old smokey:
Welcome (back) to the disorder!
The real problem comes when the garage space runs out.

paul:
Let us know if the Yamaha parts make it a "better  machine."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version