Forum > Back to Basics

FUEL MYTHS.

(1/3) > >>

reed:
Fuel myths dispelling that not so conventional wisdom.
Thanks.
Steve.

coxy:
Steve do you think one of the problem with e10 is actually the octane level .I do not run ant alcohol in my bikes but for example my triumph   originally was designed for 100 octane and here there are few places that sell it . I run 98 octane with valve saver ,95 and under the bike runs off .my 4stroke lawnmower will not run at all on e10

BRT-GTR:
Steve,
          Thanks for posting the two petrol guides, very helpful.  Here in the UK we are certainly moving to supposedly 'greener' petrol with ethanol but I'm not sure where the major companies are up to.
 Maybe some of our experts can fill in the gaps. Don't use petrol (diesel car) at the moment except in the mower which seems to run OK.
 Brian.

slawsonb:
Here in the US, even Diesel (No 2) has not escaped the reach of the EPA. The greener low sulphur diesel we all use now costs more to produce, produces less energy when burned, and of course costs more at the pump. Triple whammy. Our F350 Super Duty diesel seemed like a great idea when we bought it in 2006, until the low sulphur stuff was introduced later that year, man! It is, despite the fuel expense, an excellent trailer puller, so I should not complain.
...bert

coxy:
Bert how's this for a diesel bill $48000per week tthat's how much my work pays to run all the plant /trucks etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version