Author Topic: What Bridgestone Items Have You Had or.....  (Read 38075 times)

Offline Gerrit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Bridgestone Member
Re: What Bridgestone Items Have You Had or.....
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 11:53:41 AM »
The GTR primary drive cover, or as the parts catalogue calls it "Right Crank Case Cover 2161-9000". (Condition unimportant as it won't be used for a restoration but for a racing project.)

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
NOS 175DT throttle cable
-and-
An original Bridgestone dealer sign
-and-
Good pair of rechromeable mufflers for 175DT

Here's one of your sought after items. He's come down $100 off his initial price & who knows, maybe you can sweet talk him down a little more....

http://houston.craigslist.org/clt/4448541253.html
Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 02:00:43 PM »
BTW: this is the one I'd like to get my hands on.....

ziggy stardust

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 07:26:11 PM »
Gene, in case you missed it you have mail. :)

Z

Offline Mopar5426

• Expert Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »
Skinny    I Have A 350 Clutch Cable   (used) But Nice    GENE

Offline Mopar5426

• Expert Registered Bridgestone Member
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
Gerrit     I Have Some Of Those Covers With Some Damage   GENE

grundlegrabber

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 11:41:37 PM »
Here's one of your sought after items. He's come down $100 off his initial price & who knows, maybe you can sweet talk him down a little more....

http://houston.craigslist.org/clt/4448541253.html

Moonpup, I saw that you had posted that in the classifieds awhile back. I tried to contact the guy few times but he never responded. Maybe he doesn't want to seal with shipping it but how about a response at least? I just tried again, see what happens. Thanks for the link.

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »
grundlegrabber...

He's listed that ad on and off for about a year now. When it was first posted, I too contacted him and I guess because I told him I have a brother in Houston that could pick it up for me, he responded. I low-balled him with an offer of $150 to see how firm he was on his price and that got me nowhere.  :o  Anyway, we left it with me leaving my number and telling him if it didn't sell to give me a shout and maybe we could come up with a number that we were both happy with.

It hasn't sold in almost a year and I've never heard back from him. Good luck, you may be right about him not wanting to mess with shipping.

Edit: His initial price was $500, so over the year he's come down $200.  Let's wait another year and see what happens!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:06:06 AM by moonpup »

Offline OldSwartout

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »

It's the chrome Bridgestone license backing plate.

Here's an item that seems to me to be one that would be fairly easy to reproduce

I agree, it would be nice to have. However, it costs a few thousand to make a stamping die, then you have to have parts chromed, polished and painted.  The cost to manufacture a couple hundred is probably $50/each.  After you've sold plates to the first dozen or so people willing to pay $100/ each, than you can't sell any of the rest for more than about $35/ each, since, as soon as people realize there is an ongoing supply, they will stop paying big bucks.  Sounds like a great business plan...  :)

The clutch cables shouldn't be too hard, except the grease fitting. I haven't figured out how that piece was even manufactured originally.  For a cable for a rider, Motion Pro could probably make a good functioning cable.
Karl Swartout
Mooresville, IN
BS175 Roadracer. BS200RS, BS350 GTR

Offline farmerdl

• Full Bridgestone Member
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2014, 03:41:42 PM »
I did have Motion Pro make a clutch cable for my GTR.  Perfectly good servicable cable.  No grease fitting and the center adjust section is a little different, but the average person would never notice the difference.  Had to send them an old cable for a pattern as they do not keep specs for the Bridgestones.  All told about three and a half weeks from sending them my old one til I received the new one.  Also got one from Richard about the same time.  Again, no grease fitting as Richard explained when I ordered it.  Perfectly good useable cable, again the average person wouldn't notice the difference from the original.  We are capable of lubing cables w/o the fitting.  Nice to have it but you don't need the fitting for functionality.  Myself, I will get any I need  from Richard as long has he will supply them.  We owe this man a lot and loyalty is included in that.

DL

Colin

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 07:46:18 PM »
Yup I need some stuff too, the Bridgestone license plate for the back of my GTR and a nos 175dt throttle cable being the ones I'm looking out for just now, anybody got any of those parts pm me please
Colin.

grundlegrabber

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
grundlegrabber...

He's listed that ad on and off for about a year now. When it was first posted, I too contacted him and I guess because I told him I have a brother in Houston that could pick it up for me, he responded. I low-balled him with an offer of $150 to see how firm he was on his price and that got me nowhere.  :o  Anyway, we left it with me leaving my number and telling him if it didn't sell to give me a shout and maybe we could come up with a number that we were both happy with.

It hasn't sold in almost a year and I've never heard back from him. Good luck, you may be right about him not wanting to mess with shipping.

Edit: His initial price was $500, so over the year he's come down $200.  Let's wait another year and see what happens!  ;D

Looks like he's got it up on ebay now. $600 + $375 shipping. Guy must be a real flake. He's got a lot of negative feedback. I think he's probably going to have it for a long time!

alan86a

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2014, 07:16:33 PM »
Sorry my first posting is a plea for help but here we go.
Having just acquired the red GTR listed on uk ebay recently i'm now working my way through it and could do with some help with the following:-
Good Chainguard, somewhere to acquire a seatcover, grap handle, NOS or good rims, best place in Southern England for good quality chrome plating, front engine bolt.
And like you Ziggy more to follow probably.
Alan

Offline slawsonb

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2014, 09:44:43 PM »
Hey alan86a! It is a part of the BSer psyche to wish for parts (from heaven or any type of intervention). You'll find help here and someone may have your  parts. Richard the sponsor of the site may have some of your needs. I will offer that the seatcover can be found on eBay (pitreplica manufactures reproductions)...good luck, and keep us posted on your progress...
...bert

ziggy stardust

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 04:58:27 AM »
Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forum.

A chain guard for a GTR is rare and if one should come up then it will be pricey, Pitreplica for the seat cover, Richard Clarke for the grab handle and most other parts you need. Read as much as you can on here and you will soon learn what is available and what isn't.

Next to nothing on eBay U.K. for a GTR, check eBay U.S. regularly.

I like to use Chromefix.co.uk in Birmingham for my re chroming work, is your's the one from Freddythefatfrog or from DK's?

Z
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 07:58:37 AM by ziggy stardust »

alan86a

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 06:30:34 PM »
Hi Ziggy/Bert
Thanks for the tips.
My one was the one from fatfreddy (amazing place over 100 classics stacked 3 high, but don't turn up there to have a nose round because he'll probably show you the door), and quite honestly the more i've got into the bike the more pleased i am.
It appears that someone has already started the rest on the bike i.e. painted cases, refurbed bars, new levers, polished bits here and there, but its so strange that for instance the cases look great from the outside but now having removed them the original thousands of miles of crud are still there.
The chainguard is missing so is a necessity as is the side grab handle and engine bolt.
My intentions are to strip the bike down to inspect the internals and go from there.
I've sent Richard a list of about 80 parts and await the outcome to gauge the way forward.
I'm definitely getting the BSer physche, but with this sites support it gives me a nice warm feeling.
Thanks again Alan

Offline slawsonb

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 07:08:32 PM »
This is not an inexpensive hobby, but for us crazy BSers its just part of the thing...hurts so good!
 ;D
...bert

ziggy stardust

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2014, 03:56:40 AM »
For us BS owner's here in the U.K. Bert our hurt is 25% more. :'(

Z

Offline slawsonb

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 11:02:11 AM »
Z, I can't offer a solution to that one. Maybe Richard needs to open a UK branch or we might time travel to the late 60's and land more BSs in the UK. ;D
I am personally glad that you are willing to endure the +25% pain as your results are excellent.
alan86a, I am meaning to be encouraging...
...bert

Offline slawsonb

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »
Alan, I just spotted this on eBay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bridgestone-350-GTR-GTO-Chain-Guard-Used-/161312524327?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item258ef9c827&vxp=mtr
Good hunting!...
btw, you PM inbox is full, so could not get this info to you by that route.
...bert

Gallery

Views:219
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1360
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:1690
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:1755