Author Topic: advice needed for ebay mistake  (Read 5834 times)

Offline coxy

• coxy
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Master Registered Bridgestone Member
advice needed for ebay mistake
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:53:47 PM »
has anyone bought something off ebay and it not what you ordered .
i bought a complete set of exhaust pipes with megaphones and removable baffles about $420 for the triumph  i had ordered the classic bend header pipes which looked  nice with shallow flowing bends that follow the shape of the casing .
when i opened them the other day the header pipes are square the bends are at 90 degrees it looks crap .it is not worth sending them back with the shipping fees to the states and back  plus they want a 20% restocking fee . i don't know what to do and am a little angry its there mistake

Sno Jet

Re: advice needed for ebay mistake
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:15:24 PM »
Coxy, don't let it go so easily.  Send the seller a Ebay message informing them of the problem and demand that they make things right.   Most of the Ebay sellers do not want negative feedback.   Most of the time, they will work with you.  Be business like and professional when you address them.  Ebay also has a resolution center to help out if that does not work. 

You have to be careful of what you bid on.  But if their wrong, their wrong.  Let us know how you make out.

Offline edward

• Full Bridgestone Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 02:34:59 PM »
I sell things on E-bay and buy and  I put on my auctions a no return policy. But when a buyer is irrate and opens a case about it, I'll go ahead and accept a return.
If you can prove that the ad was missleading or erroneous when you open a case on the auction it will help you a lot.
 Right now, I just bouhgt a pair of front fork boot for my 175 DT from "Swapmeetman" and they ended up being to small around and too short (they were for a 100). I should have asked questions Like I tell my bidders. He also has a no return no refund policy in place. In this case I'll accept responsiblity and try to see if some on in here needs the pair.

Sno Jet

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 02:40:11 PM »
Edward, what did Swapmeetman advertise them for, a 100 or a 175?  Again, if he was wrong, I am sure he will make it up to you. 

May be you knew they were for a 100 and took and chance that they would fit a 175?  I have done that before and it never has worked out!

Offline coxy

• coxy
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 12:12:13 AM »
thanks guys i will persist but the add does say for returns i would have to pay shipping + 20% restock so that would mean another $200 or so i can get another set of headers for $150 so i may as well cut my losses and not bother .with swapmeetman he sent me a nos mirror for a Christmas pressy  i was pretty stoked

ztnoo

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 04:36:22 AM »
Does anyone know if Swapmeetman is a forum member here?
If so, what's his user name?

Offline edward

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
I have attached a copy of my mistake. For one of our members (72 taka) who seems to be interested in taking them off my hands. Let me know if it can be viewed.

Offline moonpup

• Laidback Purist
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »
Edward, please don't take this as "rubbing your nose" in it, but your post kinda suggested that Swapmeetman was somehow misleading in his listing and I don't think that's fair to him in this case.

His listing clearly states that the boots were for a 100 TMX and nowhere does he even hint that they might fit any other models. He even lists the measurements of the boots and part number in his description....

"New old stock Bridgestone, part # 4177-5600 fits 100 TMX. Bidding on a pair of them. One end is 1-1/2" and other is 1-5/8" and 5-1/8" long."

I think Sno Jet was right when he stated..."May be you knew they were for a 100 and took and chance that they would fit a 175?"

Confucius say... "Better to have Bridgestone than Kidneystone"

Offline edward

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »
  Right! That's exactly what I was doing. Instead of following my own advise and asking specific questions before purchasing them. Like I always state when I put things up for auction.
  I blame my self!
   But, if can help someone else in here at least it wasn't a total loss.

Offline coxy

• coxy
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 03:00:57 PM »
the mob i bought the pipes off have offered to give me $50  or to ship the pipes back for a full refund including the postage of the first shipping also stated was they have to be undamaged .i can see what will happen if i send the pipes they will say that they are damaged and i will have no refund and be out of pocket again ,also yesterday i thought i would have a look at the rest of the pipes seeing i was that angry i put them back in the box .surprise surprise there was one front mounting bracket which had only one hole drilled in it and i cant even use the mufflers with out making a bracket.at the end of the day it has cost me $420 for two exhaust clamps which are the only usable parts on this system .
thank god that all the bridgestone people that i deal with are honest take pride in there job and care about there customers       

schlusselmensch

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 11:34:32 AM »
Always pay with PayPal or a credit card.
If you've truly been wronged, both payment outfits will give you your money back.
Not only that, Paypal refunds the shipping as well.
I've only had to do this with a couple of straight up idiots but it taught them a lesson quite rapidly.
One of them basically told me to F off, PayPal removed the funds from his account for the duration of the dispute and that woke him up pretty quick.
In another instance a buyer accused me of wrongdoing (I certainly hadn't, he was miffed because I wouldn't falsify customs declaration of value) and PayPal withheld my money but paid me as soon as I submitted a record of our email back and forths.
There are time limits, read up about it on eBay's site.

Gallery

Views:330
Comments (0)
By: Jon West

Views:1465
Comments (0)
By: rwgibbon

Views:1799
Comments (0)
By: Perry L Anderson

Views:1868
Comments (0)