Forum > 350 Talk

Bad oil leak

(1/3) > >>

Harry:
Hi guys.  I'm getting a bad oil leak from the right side of my 359 GTR.  What could cause this to happen?  I can still run it if I keep replacing the oil that is lost.  Is this a major problem?  Thanks for any info.  Harry :)

dcr:
Harry - where exactly is the oil coming out of the motor? Bottom or side cover?

Dan

mrjones:
 Harry seems to have vanished!  i was going to ask a similar question but i do know where my oil leak is coming from , i  have a leak from the two stroke oil tank banjo bolt ,its fully tightened and i have put silicone on the outside of it but it still leaks only a small amount though, anyone got any tips?

OldSwartout:
It's pretty straightforward. The banjo can leak either from the fiber gaskets (one above, one below the banjo) or from the banjo itself. The aluminum banjos on the oil tank and the oil pump can crack over the years.  Of course the rubber hose itself could be cracked or split where it attaches to the banjo.  I noticed a couple days ago mine is leaking a little bit from the banjo area also. 

There is a screen attached to the banjo bolt that you have to deal with when you remove the bolt, so be prepared so you don't damage the screen taking it apart.

coxy:
it also can leak if the mounting bolt for the oil tank has been over tightened and the tank itself is cracked around the bolt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version