Forum > Engine

Looking For 1321-5000 (EA1-13151) Crank Pin

(1/4) > >>

stingray68:
Hello Everyone!,

I am having my 1965 BS Trail 90 crank serviced at Millennium Tech in Wisconsin.  They called me a said that I need to replace the connecting rod and crank pin.  Richard has the connecting rod, but no pin.  I have also tried CPC in Janesville WI and no luck there either.  Does anyone have one that I could buy or have another source that I might could contact.  Almost looks like something I could get made easy enough, but no clue on the tolerance of the pin.  Thank you all in advance....Mike

mqtsteve:
Mike,
This is a NOS connecting rod, pin and bearing on eBay.  It's in Thailand or something.  http://m.ebay.com/itm/Bridgestone-Motorcycle-90cc-BS90-EA1-Connecting-Rod-Kit-NOS-Rocket-Japan-/311654390457?hash=item48900c9ab9%3Ag%3AxroAAOSwzLlXg3jd&_trkparms=pageci%253Afdfd84ed-8fed-11e6-9063-005056bb3be7%257Cparentrq%253Ab55926c71570a357d64c5c20fffcab25%257Ciid%253A5
Good luck, Steve

Jeff Bar:
That crank pin looks like rusty junk  Jeff bar

moonpup:
That pin is probably in a whole lot better condition than the one it's replacing. The minor surface rust that you see can be easily removed with evaporust and whatever microscopic pitting that may remain shouldn't weaken the part in any way and would actually trap & hold more oil on it, which I would think would be a plus.

I'm no expert on this, so if anyone feels differently.... please give us your view.

BRT-GTR:
             I would be extremely loathe to buy/use that crankpin. Although the obvious corrosion wouldn't significantly weaken the item, a bearing assembly relies on the parts being as smooth as possible to ensure a long life. It might work for 10,20,50 miles who knows but it would rapidly fail in use.
     With the expense and work involved in rebuilding the crank and reassembling the engine, it is just not worth the risk.
        Brian.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version